Incompatibility question

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Richard J Day, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. I wonder why SP2 has been launched into the marketplace if so many people
    seem to be having problems with it? R D
    Richard J Day, Sep 1, 2004

  2. Richard J Day

    klf Guest

    hello,

    I haven't heard a single case of people having problems with it - apart from
    those with illegal copies of XP. It works perfectly well for everyone I
    have spoken to, so what's the problem. If you're going to pinch software
    then at least learn how to get other programs working! People with illegal
    copies have a cheek to complain.

    "Richard J Day" <> wrote in message
    >I wonder why SP2 has been launched into the marketplace if so many people
    > seem to be having problems with it? R D

    ---
    klf, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Richard J Day

    Tim Lister Guest

    klf wrote:

    > hello,
    >
    > I haven't heard a single case of people having problems with it - apart from
    > those with illegal copies of XP. It works perfectly well for everyone I
    > have spoken to, so what's the problem. If you're going to pinch software
    > then at least learn how to get other programs working! People with illegal
    > copies have a cheek to complain.
    >

    > "Richard J Day" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I wonder why SP2 has been launched into the marketplace if so many people
    >>seem to be having problems with it? R D
    >>

    > ---

    I've also read that people have had trouble with sp2, irrespective
    of the legallity of their installation of XP. Microsoft themselves have
    said that sp2 is incompatable with some of the functionality of a number
    of software packages (eg)it pops up a warning to that effect whenever I
    try to run Nero Burning ROM6, although I've yet to discover what the
    effects of this incompatability will be & hopefully, I may never
    discover it!
    Also, for what it's worth, I think that I've a right to register my
    annoyance with Microsoft for making sp2 incompatable with illegal
    installations of XP, despite the fact that I've paid for XPhome licence
    & wouldn't ever think of installing unlicencsed copies of Windows when
    there're so many good OS's available that are largely free of charge!
    The fact is that worms, trojans & other malicious software do not
    distinguish between legal & illegal versions of Windows & happily
    infect/exploit any & all unpatched OS's. As a paying use of XP, it
    annoys me that the networks will be fuller of infected machines than
    they'd otherwise be if Microsoft had demonstrated that security of
    Windows was of greater importance than the piracy issue & made the sp2
    available to all copies of XP! The infected machines will ping & probe
    others, sucking bandwidth & filling firewall logs & any unpatched OS
    without a firewall will ahve a shorter online half life due to the
    proliferation on windows XP exploits all over the networks that could've
    been knocked out if Microsoft had taken the security concious route
    instead of what they've done which just doesn't make any sense from a
    security standpoint!
    Don't get me wrong, I have no wish to support those who illegally
    insatll pirated software, I just think that us paying customers deserve
    better consideration & safer networks & that Microsoft had the chance to
    provide this but unfortunately dropped the ball!
    Tim Lister, Sep 2, 2004
  4. Richard J Day

    johns Guest

    > I haven't heard a single case of people having problems with it -

    Uh, Bullshit! It is an IT nightmare. It will immediately
    block network printing ... disable a Novell Client ..
    block any hardware accessing certain ports ... turn
    off shares ... block license managers for your $500
    per hour per Engineer in your R & D lab ... block
    disk imaging and recovery ... destroy your OS if the
    install is accidently interrupted ... block WINS and
    thereby intranet communications ... block DNS so
    you can't email IT and complain ( that is not so bad )
    .... And on top of that, it will slow your system down
    to a crawl. A service tech will have to come and touch
    every single computer on his network to fix the
    problems, and you can sit there idle until he does.
    Me ? Well, I'll get there when I get there. I have 1200
    users on one subnet alone, and I can do maybe 10
    a day. See ya in about 4 months.

    johns
    johns, Sep 3, 2004
  5. Richard J Day

    % Guest

    Incompatibility question SP2 Windows XP

    Windows on The White House & Karl Rove's Murder Inc. , See the tremendous
    interest of Our Government agencie's' encrypted log
    access files... in this Special Investigation.

    PROPOSAL to serialize Karl Rove's White House Murder Inc.

    http://www.outsupport.org/forum/viewtopic/985.html

    http://forum.shrc.org/english/bb/Fo...TML/000030.html

    http://www.fpa.org/thread_msg2597/t...TML/000194.html

    ***Special CONFIRMED Report. ****Assassins; who put Al-Qaeda to Shame.
    The Number three most powerful man , after Dick Cheney & G.W. BUSH .

    ALL Ariel Sharon's servants , Thugs & Murderers.

    Karl ROVE & Ariel Sharon banking on their Syrian killers & Murderers &
    Special Syrian Assassins of Assef Shawkat & Roustom Ghazali Working for
    Sharon and the NEOCONS.

    Special ICC Investigation; The Hague NL. & Belgium .

    http://www.onlinejournal.com/Specia...2104madsen.html [ Disabled by Karl
    Rove's Thugs & Killers.]....@.....

    Karl Rove's White House " Murder, Inc."

    By Wayne Madsen .
    Online Journal Contributing Writer .

    SEP, 2004- On September 15, 2001, just four days after the 9-11 attacks,
    CIA Director George Tenet provided President [sic] Bush with a Top Secret
    "Worldwide Attack Matrix"-a virtual license to kill targets deemed to be a
    threat to the United States in some 80 countries around the world. The Tenet
    plan, which was subsequently approved by Bush, essentially reversed the
    executive orders of four previous U.S. administrations that expressly
    prohibited political assassinations.

    According to high level European intelligence officials, Bush's counselor,
    Karl Rove, used the new presidential authority to silence a popular Lebanese
    Christian politician who was planning to offer irrefutable evidence that
    Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon authorized the massacre of hundreds of
    Palestinian men, women, and children in the Beirut refugee camps of Sabra
    and Shatilla in 1982. In addition, Sharon provided the Lebanese forces who
    carried out the grisly task. At the time of the massacres, Elie Hobeika was
    intelligence chief of Lebanese Christian forces in Lebanon who were battling
    Palestinians and other Muslim groups in a bloody civil war. He was also the
    chief liaison to Israeli Defense Force (IDF) personnel in Lebanon. An
    official Israeli inquiry into the massacre at the camps, the Kahan
    Commission, merely found Sharon "indirectly" responsible for the slaughter
    and fingered Hobeika as the chief instigator.

    The Kahan Commission never called on Hobeika to offer testimony in his
    defense. However, in response to charges brought against Sharon before a
    special war crimes court in Belgium, Hobeika was urged to testify against
    Sharon, according to well-informed Lebanese sources. Hobeika was prepared to
    offer a different version of events than what was contained in the Kahan
    report. A 1993 Belgian law permitting human rights prosecutions was unusual
    in that non-Belgians could be tried for violations against other
    non-Belgians in a Belgian court. Under pressure from the Bush
    administration, the law was severely amended and the extra territoriality
    provisions were curtailed.

    Hobeika headed the Lebanese forces intelligence agency since the mid- 1970s
    and he soon developed close ties to the CIA. He was a frequent visitor to
    the CIA's headquarters at Langley, Virginia. After the Syrian invasion of
    Lebanon in 1990, Hobeika held a number of cabinet positions in the Lebanese
    government, a proxy for the Syrian occupation authorities. He also served in
    the parliament. In July 2001, Hobeika called a press conference and
    announced he was prepared to testify against Sharon in Belgium and revealed
    that he had evidence of what actually occurred in Sabra and Shatilla.
    Hobeika also indicated that Israel had flown members of the South Lebanon
    Army (SLA) into Beirut International Airport in an Israeli Air Force C130
    transport plane. In full view of dozens of witnesses, including members of
    the Lebanese army and others, SLA troops under the command of Major Saad
    Haddad were slipped into the camps to commit the massacres. The SLA troops
    were under the direct command of Ariel Sharon and an Israeli Mossad agent
    provocateur named Rafi Eitan. Hobeika offered evidence that a former U.S.
    ambassador to Lebanon was aware of the Israeli plot. In addition, the IDF
    had placed a camera in a strategic position to film the Sabra and Shatilla
    massacres. Hobeika was going to ask that the footage be released as part of
    the investigation of Sharon.

    After announcing he was willing to testify against Sharon, Hobeika became
    fearful for his safety and began moves to leave Lebanon. Hobeika was not
    aware that his threats to testify against Sharon had triggered a series of
    fateful events that reached well into the White House and Sharon's office.

    On January 24, 2002, Hobeika's car was blown up by a remote controlled bomb
    placed in a parked Mercedes along a street in the Hazmieh section of Beirut.
    The bomb exploded when Hobeika and his three associates, Fares Souweidan,
    Mitri Ajram, and Waleed Zein, were driving their Range Rover past the
    TNT-laden Mercedes at 9:40 am Beirut time. The Range Rover's four passengers
    were killed in the explosion. In case Hobeika's car had taken another route

    through the neighborhood, two additional parked cars, located at two other
    choke points, were also rigged with TNT. The powerful bomb wounded a number
    of other people on the street. Other parked cars were destroyed and
    buildings and homes were damaged. The Lebanese president, prime minister,
    and interior minister all claimed that Israeli agents were behind the
    attack.

    It is noteworthy that the State Department's list of global terrorist
    incidents for 2002 worldwide failed to list the car bombing attack on
    Hobeika and his party. The White House wanted to ensure the attack was
    censored from the report. The reason was simple: the attack ultimately had
    Washington's fingerprints on it.

    High level European intelligence sources now report that Karl Rove
    personally coordinated Hobeika's assassination. The hit on Hobeika employed
    Syrian intelligence agents. Syrian President Bashar Assad was trying to
    curry favor with the Bush administration in the aftermath of 9-11 and was
    more than willing to help the White House. In addition, Assad's father,
    Hafez Assad, had been an ally of Bush's father during Desert Storm, a period
    that saw Washington give a "wink and a nod" to Syria's occupation of
    Lebanon. Rove wanted to help Sharon avoid any political embarrassment from
    an in absentia trial in Brussels where Hobeika would be a star witness. Rove
    and Sharon agreed on the plan to use Syrian Military Intelligence agents to
    assassinate Hobeika. Rove saw Sharon as an indispensable ally of Bush in
    ensuring the loyalty of the Christian evangelical and Jewish voting blocs in
    the United States. Sharon saw the plan to have the United States coordinate
    the hit as a way to mask all connections to Jerusalem.

    The Syrian hit team was ordered by Assef Shawkat, the number two man in
    Syrian military intelligence and a good friend and brother in law of Syrian
    President Bashar Assad. Assad's intelligence services had already cooperated
    with U.S. intelligence in resorting to unconventional methods to extract
    information from al Qaeda detainees deported to Syria from the United States
    and other countries in the wake of 9-11. The order to take out Hobeika was
    transmitted by Shawkat to Roustom Ghazali, the head of Syrian military
    intelligence in Beirut. Ghazali arranged for the three remote controlled
    cars to be parked along Hobeika's route in Hazmieh; only few hundred yards
    from the Barracks of Syrian Special Forces which are stationed in the area
    near the Presidential palace , the ministry of Defense and various
    Government and officers quarters . This particular area is covered 24/7 by a
    very sophisticated USA multi-agency surveillance system to monitor Syrian
    and Lebanese security activities and is a " Choice " area to live in for its
    perceived high security .... [Courtesy of the Special Collections Service.]
    .... SCS... ; CIA & NSA & DIA....

    The plan to kill Hobeika had all the necessary caveats and built-in denial
    mechanisms. If the Syrians were discovered beforehand or afterwards, Karl
    Rove and his associates in the Pentagon's Office of Special Plans would be
    ensured plausible deniability.

    Hobeika's CIA intermediary in Beirut, a man only referred to as "Jason" by
    Hobeika, was a frequent companion of the Lebanese politician during official
    and off-duty hours. During Hobeika's election campaigns for his
    parliamentary seat, Jason was often in Hobeika's office offering support and
    advice. After Hobeika's assassination, Jason became despondent over the
    death of his colleague. Eventually, Jason disappeared abruptly from Lebanon
    and reportedly later emerged in Pakistan.

    Karl Rove's involvement in the assassination of Hobeika may not have been
    the last "hit" he ordered to help out Sharon. In March 2002, a few months
    after Hobeika's assassination, another Lebanese Christian with knowledge of
    Sharon's involvement in the Sabra and Shatilla massacres was gunned down
    along with his wife in Sao Paulo, Brazil. A bullet fired at Michael Nassar's
    car flattened one of his tires. Nassar pulled into a gasoline station for
    repairs. A professional assassin, firing a gun with a silencer, shot Nassar
    and his wife in the head, killing them both instantly. The assailant fled
    and was never captured. Nassar was also involved with the Phalange militia
    at Sabra and Shatilla. Nassar was also reportedly willing to testify against
    Sharon in Belgium and, as a nephew of SLA Commander General Antoine Lahd,
    may have had important evidence to bolster Hobeika's charge that Sharon
    ordered SLA forces into the camps to wipe out the Palestinians.

    Based on what European intelligence claims is concrete intelligence on
    Rove's involvement in the assassination of Hobeika, the Bush administration
    can now add political assassination to its laundry list of other misdeeds,
    from lying about the reasons to go to war to the torture tactics in
    violation of the Geneva Conventions that have been employed by the Pentagon
    and "third country" nationals at prisons in Iraq and Guantanamo Bay.

    Wayne Madsen is a Washington, DC-based investigative journalist and
    columnist. He served in the National Security Agency (NSA) during the Reagan
    administration and wrote the introduction to Forbidden Truth. He is the
    co-author, with John Stanton, of "America's Nightmare: The Presidency of
    George Bush II." His forthcoming book is titled: "Jaded Tasks: Big Oil,
    Black Ops, and Brass Plates." Madsen can be reached at:

    This is some of the evidence for you and for the World ....

    ~~~encrypted/logs/access ~~~

    Not to mention hundreds of private companies and governments. Anyway...

    Lines 10-36
    of my logfiles show a lot of interest in this article:

    # grep sid=1052 /encrypted/logs/access_log|awk '{print $1,$7}'|sed -n
    '10,36p'

    spb-213-33-248-190.sovintel.ru /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    ext1.shape.nato.int /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    server1.namsa.nato.int /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    ns1.saclantc.nato.int /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    bxlproxyb.europarl.eu.int /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    wdcsun18.usdoj.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    wdcsun21.usdoj.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    tcs-gateway11.treas.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    tcs-gateway13.treas.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    relay1.ucia.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    relay2.cia.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    relay2.ucia.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    n021.dhs.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    legion.dera.gov.uk /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    gateway-fincen.uscg.mil /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    crawler2.googlebot.com /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    crawler1.googlebot.com /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    gateway101.gsi.gov.uk /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    gate11-quantico.nmci.usmc.mil /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    gate13-quantico.nmci.usmc.mil /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    fw1-a.osis.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    crawler13.googlebot.com /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    fw1-b.osis.gov /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    bouncer.nics.gov.uk /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    beluha.ssu.gov.ua /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052
    zukprxpro02.zreo.compaq.com
    /modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1052....

    To be continued ....

    HOLLYWOOD FL.... ATTA & Aris2F...
    DENVER CO
    ART STUDENTS...
    MOOVERS INC.@IL
    Lakam & Mr.X. MEGA....Feith, woolfowitz...Perle, etc.
    Etc. Etc.
    %, Sep 9, 2004