    phone has been answered. VOIP incoming calls seem fine. I am using a
    ZyXEL P2602HWL which is the lifeline version.

    Any ideas?

    Cogs, Nov 12, 2005

  2. Cogs

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Cogs" <> wrote in message
    news:4375ff6f$0$343$
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have an intermittent problem with incoming PSTN calls.
    > Sometimes the i can answer with no problems but other
    > times although the phone will ring when answered it is
    > dead. The person ringing in does not realise the phone
    > has been answered. VOIP incoming calls seem fine. I am
    > using a ZyXEL P2602HWL which is the lifeline version.
    > Any ideas?

    Which network..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 12, 2005

  3. Cogs

    Joe Harrison Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "Cogs" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi All
    > >
    > > I have an intermittent problem with incoming PSTN calls.
    > > Sometimes the i can answer with no problems but other
    > > times although the phone will ring when answered it is
    > > dead. The person ringing in does not realise the phone
    > > has been answered. VOIP incoming calls seem fine. I am
    > > using a ZyXEL P2602HWL which is the lifeline version.
    > > Any ideas?

    > Which network..?

    I get this with Sipgate; I'm at work and phone home to the Sipgate number.
    It rings and rings for a long time but no reply. Then I call my wife's
    mobile and find she is at home but although she answered the Sipgate phone
    immediately it just went dead and she hung it up again.

    Joe Harrison, Nov 12, 2005
  4. Cogs

    Cogs Guest

    I am using Voiptalk

    Thanks

    Cogs, Nov 12, 2005
  5. Cogs

    Cogs Guest

    The Voip number seems ok, it is just the PSTN number that causes a
    problem however the fault is the same as yours, wierd.

    Thanks

    Cogs, Nov 12, 2005
  6. Cogs

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Joe Harrison" <> wrote in message

    [snip]

    > I get this with Sipgate; I'm at work and phone home to
    > the Sipgate number. It rings and rings for a long time
    > but no reply. Then I call my wife's mobile and find she
    > is at home but although she answered the Sipgate phone
    > immediately it just went dead and she hung it up again.

    I just did some tests with my Sipgate lines, all ring ok when I call them
    from my mobile, sometimes there is a second or two delay after I answer
    before the speech path is switched through, but 99% of the time it's fine.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 12, 2005
  7. In message <w2rdf.2458$>, Joe Harrison wrote:

    > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "Cogs" <> wrote in message
    >> > Hi All
    >> >
    >> > I have an intermittent problem with incoming PSTN calls.
    >> > Sometimes the i can answer with no problems but other
    >> > times although the phone will ring when answered it is
    >> > dead. The person ringing in does not realise the phone
    >> > has been answered. VOIP incoming calls seem fine. I am
    >> > using a ZyXEL P2602HWL which is the lifeline version.
    >> > Any ideas?

    >> Which network..?

    > I get this with Sipgate; I'm at work and phone home to the Sipgate number.
    > It rings and rings for a long time but no reply. Then I call my wife's
    > mobile and find she is at home but although she answered the Sipgate phone
    > immediately it just went dead and she hung it up again.

    Having just configured a Sipura box on Sipgate, that has happened to me a
    couple of times while testing. I also had an issue once with a VOIP call
    which is what made me wonder if it was a firewall issue this end.
    --
    Dave
    mail da (without the space)

    Dave {Reply Address in.Sig}, Nov 12, 2005
  8. Cogs

    Joe Harrison Guest

    I've modified my SPA3000 settings a bit but mostly they are still the
    default US ones. I'm wondering if it has difficulty detecting that the DECT
    phone has gone off-hook. I'll post in here if I find anything.

    Joe Harrison, Nov 13, 2005
  9. Cogs

    Cogs Guest

    Hi

    Thanks for your input, if i find anything else out i will let you know
    Cheers

    Cogs, Nov 13, 2005
  10. Cogs

    > I've modified my SPA3000 settings a bit but mostly they
    > are still the default US ones. I'm wondering if it has
    > difficulty detecting that the DECT phone has gone
    > off-hook. I'll post in here if I find anything.

    The ATA has no way of knowing (nor does it really care..!) what type of
    phone you have connected, whether it is a DECT or a wired one. It will
    however expect the phone to conform to the regional specifications for the
    line settings, such as FXS port impedance. For the US it is 600 ohms, for
    a UK specification phone it should be 270+750||150nF.

    This may or may not have anything to do with the problem, but it's worth
    checking.

    I have a full list of UK settings for the Sipura SPA-2000 if they're of
    any help, the 3000 is very similar except for the PSTN port.

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Nov 13, 2005