    cheers

    View this thread: http://www.wirelessforums.org/showthread.php?t=36694
    http://www.wirelessforums.org
    barristernet, Jan 12, 2008

  2. barristernet

    Soruk Guest

    On Sat, 12 Jan 2008 17:22:41 -0500, barristernet <> wrote:

    >Can anyone help me? I've finally set up my voip calls using
    >voipdiscount. I'm making calls via my pap2 adapter. Everything is fine
    >but I would like use my sipgate number be shown as the outgoing caller
    >id and also receive calls on the same number, is this possible and if
    >so, can you advise how?

    Can the PAP2 register to more than one trunk? If so, then you could do
    what I use Trixbox for.

    My VoipCheap service presents the caller ID of my Tesco Internet Phone
    line (free real geographic number) and this is achieved using their
    softphone application on a PC. You never have to use it again after this.
    Trixbox registers with both VoipCheap and Tesco, so incoming calls come in
    over Tesco, outgoing calls can go over either but present the Tesco
    number.

    Hope that made sense ^_^

    Soruk, Jan 13, 2008

  3. barristernet wrote:
    > Can anyone help me? I've finally set up my voip calls using
    > voipdiscount. I'm making calls via my pap2 adapter. Everything is fine
    > but I would like use my sipgate number be shown as the outgoing caller
    > id and also receive calls on the same number, is this possible and if
    > so, can you advise how?
    >
    > cheers

    Download the VoIP Discount software.

    Disable the line on the PAP2 you have for VoIP Discount (You can only log in
    at one location).

    In the VoIP Discount software, go to Profile and under phone numbers select
    Home from the drop down menu, then enter your Sipgate number and OK that.
    Enter number in International format, eg, +44161.....,
    +44121......,+4420.... etc.

    Then go to Options / Settings - Caller ID and click on Verify next to the
    Sipgate number now listed there. The display will show a four digit number
    and shortly afterwards your Sipgate phone line will ring and ask you to
    enter that four digit number, and your number will be verified.

    Once that is verified you can exit the VoIP Discount software, you'll have
    to alter the option in the software not to start at boot up if you wish the
    software to remain on the PC - maybe for cheap SMS.

    Now log into your PAP2.

    Go to the Line you have the VoIP Discount details on.

    In User ID: Enter your Verified Sipgate number, this can be in normal UK
    format if you wish 0161.., 0121.., 020.. or +44... or 0044 format all work
    the same.

    In Auth ID: Enter your VoIP Discount User Name.

    In Use Auth ID: Select YES.

    Enable the line again.

    Save those changes.

    Now when you dial out on the PAP2 VoIP Discount line, it will send your
    Sipgate CLID.

    Occasionally VoIPDiscount may lose the Verified number and you have to go
    through the verifying again.

    --
    Worried about debt?
    http://www.cccs.co.uk
    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jan 13, 2008
  4. barristernet

    Graham. Guest

    > Occasionally VoIPDiscount may lose the Verified number and you have to go
    > through the verifying again.

    I'm glad that hasn't happened to me yet. One of my Betamax registered
    numbers
    resides in normally unoccupied premises 100 miles away.

    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jan 13, 2008
  5. barristernet

    barristernet Guest

    Thanks for all your help.

    I have managed to setup the Caller ID. Just to complete the last part
    of my problem. How do I set up my pap2 configuration so that I make
    calls using the voipdiscount facility but receive calls on my sipgate
    number.

    I only wish to use one line so looking at the pap2 settings, how can
    someone kindly tell me how this can be done?

    Thanks in advance

    barristernet, Jan 13, 2008
  6. barristernet

    Iain Guest

    Graham. wrote:

    > I'm glad that hasn't happened to me yet. One of my Betamax registered
    > numbers
    > resides in normally unoccupied premises 100 miles away.

    Well, if you set things up properly, you ought to be able to configure
    it remotely.
    Iain, Jan 13, 2008
  7. barristernet

    Graham. Guest

    "Iain" <> wrote in message
    > Graham. wrote:
    >
    >> I'm glad that hasn't happened to me yet. One of my Betamax registered
    >> numbers
    >> resides in normally unoccupied premises 100 miles away.

    > Well, if you set things up properly, you ought to be able to configure it
    > remotely.

    Its just a BT landline, what do you suggest?

    --
    Graham

    %Profound_observation%
    Graham., Jan 13, 2008
  8. barristernet

    Iain Guest

    Graham. wrote:

    >> Well, if you set things up properly, you ought to be able to configure it
    >> remotely.

    > Its just a BT landline, what do you suggest?

    Ah, I see. Thought the ATA was at the remote end. Can you set up call
    diversion on the line? Possibly not remotely, knowing BT.
    Iain, Jan 14, 2008
  9. barristernet

    alexd Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 00:51:21 +0000, Iain wrote:

    > Graham. wrote:
    >
    >>> Well, if you set things up properly, you ought to be able to configure
    >>> it remotely.

    >> Its just a BT landline, what do you suggest?

    > Ah, I see. Thought the ATA was at the remote end. Can you set up call
    > diversion on the line? Possibly not remotely, knowing BT.

    You can probably ring BT and ask them to do it for you. Paying for the
    diversion beats a 200 mile round trip in my book!

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    16:54:53 up 9 days, 7:19, 2 users, load average: 1.25, 1.20, 1.13
    alexd, Jan 14, 2008
  10. barristernet

    Jono Guest

    It happens that alexd formulated :

    >>> Its just a BT landline, what do you suggest?

    >> Ah, I see. Thought the ATA was at the remote end. Can you set up call
    >> diversion on the line? Possibly not remotely, knowing BT.

    > You can probably ring BT and ask them to do it for you. Paying for the
    > diversion beats a 200 mile round trip in my book!

    .....BT have a service called "Smart Divert"

    This allows a user to dial a control number and set up / turn on/off
    diverts remotely. AFAIK, it is only available on business lines. Good
    little service, though.

    Alternatively, an "Administration Provided Call Divert" can be
    requested. This should be available on Residential lines, however, has
    the disadvantage of it being necessary to contact the SP to make any
    changes. that said, you can have divert on busy/no answer or all calls
    set up.
    Jono, Jan 14, 2008
  11. barristernet

    Guest

    On 1ÔÂ13ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç6ʱ22·Ö, barristernet <barristernet.333...@no-
    mx.wirelessforums.org> wrote:
    > Can anyone help me? I've finally set up my voip calls using
    > voipdiscount. I'm making calls via my pap2 adapter. Everything is fine
    > but I would like use my sipgate number be shown as the outgoing caller
    > id and also receive calls on the same number, is this possible and if
    > so, can you advise how?

    If you want the callerID display on your mobile phone, you have to
    apply the DID service. what you have now is like an extension number.

    leon,
    http://store.telecomchinasourcing.com/
    , Jan 15, 2008
  12. barristernet

    barristernet Guest

    barristernet, Jan 19, 2008
  13. barristernet

    Jono Guest

    barristernet brought next idea :
    > Thanks for the threads but is there anyway of getting all my outgoing
    > calls sent via voipdiscount and all the incoming calls via sipgate?
    >
    > I am using the pap2 adapter and line 1 only.
    >
    > HELP PLEASE this is driving me MAD!

    Voxalot
    Jono, Jan 19, 2008