  1. IT KEEPS SAYING MY INCOMING MAIL SERVER(POP8 SYMPATICO. AND MY OUTGOING
    MAIL SERVERSMPT8.sympatico.ca is incorrect. I am using the information
    given to me on personal reference card?

    marlee mcgarvey, Oct 4, 2004

  2. marlee mcgarvey

    DC Guest

    marlee mcgarvey wrote:
    > IT KEEPS SAYING MY INCOMING MAIL SERVER(POP8 SYMPATICO. AND MY OUTGOING
    > MAIL SERVERSMPT8.sympatico.ca is incorrect. I am using the information
    > given to me on personal reference card?

    Quit shouting, wouldja? Sheesh.

    http://vancouver-webpages.com/nnq/ncaps.html
    http://www.kassj.com/netiquette/netiquette.html#1

    This isn't Sympatico support, btw, but I'll attempt to help you.

    Judging from your post, I would wager that you typed the info
    incorrectly. It should be:

    POP3 (incoming server): pop8.sympatico.ca
    SMTP (outgoing server): smtp8.sympatico.ca

    *Note: it's S-M-T-P, not SPMT, SPTM , or any other combination of those
    letters.

    Here's something else that you should look into, unless you like spam:

    HTH

    --
    DC Linux RU #1000111011000111001

    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying
    of nothing.

    DC, Oct 4, 2004

  3. marlee mcgarvey wrote:

    > IT KEEPS SAYING MY INCOMING MAIL SERVER(POP8 SYMPATICO. AND MY OUTGOING
    > MAIL SERVERSMPT8.sympatico.ca is incorrect. I am using the information
    > given to me on personal reference card?

    I dunno...are you?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Go Blue

    Blinky the Shark, Oct 4, 2004
  4. marlee mcgarvey

    WormWood Guest

    "marlee mcgarvey" <> wrote in message
    | IT KEEPS SAYING MY INCOMING MAIL SERVER(POP8 SYMPATICO. AND MY
    OUTGOING
    | MAIL SERVERSMPT8.sympatico.ca is incorrect. I am using the
    information
    | given to me on personal reference card?

    The way you wrote it looks screwy to me, but this might work:
    (incoming:)
    POP3.sympatico.ca (pop8 changed to 'pop 3')
    (outgoing:)|
    SMTP.sympatico.ca
    (Note: changed from 'SMPT') Reconfigure your server settings and I
    think you will be ok. Be careful of your dots and no spaces.

    WormWood, Oct 4, 2004