    e-mail servers as I cannot send an e-mail - a pop-up box keeps saying Active
    X cannot connect to my computer and something about pop3 cannot be found.
    Please help X
    marilyn buist, Aug 11, 2006

  2. marilyn buist

    SJP Guest

    "marilyn buist" <> wrote in message
    news:8r2Dg.39204$...
    > please could you give me advise on how to find my incoming and out going
    > e-mail servers as I cannot send an e-mail - a pop-up box keeps saying
    > Active
    > X cannot connect to my computer and something about pop3 cannot be found.
    > Please help X

    Incoming is pop.ntlworld.com
    Outgoing is smtp.ntlworld.com
    SJP, Aug 11, 2006

  3. marilyn buist

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:41:40 GMT, "marilyn buist" <>
    wrote:

    >please could you give me advise on how to find my incoming and out going
    >e-mail servers as I cannot send an e-mail - a pop-up box keeps saying Active
    >X cannot connect to my computer and something about pop3 cannot be found.
    >Please help X

    Go to your ISP's web site. Look at the HELP or FAQ section.
    Evan Platt, Aug 11, 2006
  4. marilyn buist

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:41:40 +0000, marilyn buist wrote:

    > please could you give me advise on how to find my incoming and out going
    > e-mail servers as I cannot send an e-mail - a pop-up box keeps saying
    > Active X cannot connect to my computer and something about pop3 cannot be
    > found. Please help X

    Email your ISP for the correct settings.

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Aug 11, 2006
  5. Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 16:41:40 +0000, marilyn buist wrote:
    >
    >> please could you give me advise on how to find my incoming and out
    >> going e-mail servers as I cannot send an e-mail - a pop-up box keeps
    >> saying Active X cannot connect to my computer and something about
    >> pop3 cannot be found. Please help X

    > Email your ISP for the correct settings.

    ...from some other computer, no doubt.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Aug 11, 2006
  6. marilyn buist

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:25:53 -0400, Meat Plow <>
    wrote:

    >Email your ISP for the correct settings.

    <VBG>
    Evan Platt, Aug 11, 2006
  7. marilyn buist

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:57:30 -0700, Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:25:53 -0400, Meat Plow <> wrote:
    >
    >>Email your ISP for the correct settings.

    > <VBG>

    Glad everyone has a sense of humor today :)

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Aug 11, 2006