    Thanks

    Dave C.
    , Jan 20, 2014

  2. Guest

    On Monday, January 20, 2014 10:30:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > When I invoke incognito window either by Ctrl-Shift-N or from the 'bars' in the top right of the Google screen, my web searches in history continue to be recorded. I was signed in to Google a this time.
    >

    > I thought the incognito window inhibits the history recording. Am I missing something?
    >

    > Using Win8.1 with Google Chrome, new desktop computer Asus,
    >

    > Thanks
    >

    > Dave C.

    I found under 'extension manager' a box to check to allow in incognito, but that did not help. My browsing the web still gets recorded.

    Dave C
    , Jan 21, 2014

  3. Guest

    On 21/01/14 12:37, wrote:
    > On Monday, January 20, 2014 10:30:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>

    >> When I invoke incognito window either by Ctrl-Shift-N or from the 'bars' in the top right of the Google screen, my web searches in history continue to be recorded. I was signed in to Google a this time.
    >>

    >> I thought the incognito window inhibits the history recording. Am I missing something?
    >>

    >> Using Win8.1 with Google Chrome, new desktop computer Asus,
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>

    >> Dave C.

    > I found under 'extension manager' a box to check to allow in incognito, but that did not help. My browsing the web still gets recorded.
    >
    > Dave C

    Dave, just looking at the name "incognito" .... could that mean that the
    other end doesn't know who's visited them?? Even if Google does still
    keep track!!

    Daniel
    , Jan 21, 2014
  4. Guest

    On Monday, January 20, 2014 10:30:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > When I invoke incognito window either by Ctrl-Shift-N or from the 'bars' in the top right of the Google screen, my web searches in history continue to be recorded. I was signed in to Google a this time.
    >

    > I thought the incognito window inhibits the history recording. Am I missing something?
    >

    > Using Win8.1 with Google Chrome, new desktop computer Asus,
    >

    > Thanks
    >

    > Dave C.

    Hi Daniel,

    Well, I found out more about incognito. Incognito works fine as long as I browse inside the incognito screen. What I was doing was after invoking incognito, I would then move the Google screen a little to the side and open one of my links from the desktop. That is outside the incognito screen andthus not protected by incognito.

    When I paste in a URL, then all is well.

    Actually, that turns out to be very logical. Thanks for thinking about thisfor me anyway.

    Regards.

    Dave C.
    , Jan 21, 2014
  5. Paul Guest

    wrote:
    > On Monday, January 20, 2014 10:30:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>

    >> When I invoke incognito window either by Ctrl-Shift-N or from the 'bars' in the top right of the Google screen, my web searches in history continue to be recorded. I was signed in to Google a this time.
    >>

    >> I thought the incognito window inhibits the history recording. Am I missing something?
    >>

    >> Using Win8.1 with Google Chrome, new desktop computer Asus,
    >>

    >> Thanks
    >>

    >> Dave C.

    > Hi Daniel,
    >
    > Well, I found out more about incognito. Incognito works fine as long as I browse inside the incognito screen. What I was doing was after invoking incognito, I would then move the Google screen a little to the side and open one of my links from the desktop. That is outside the incognito screen and thus not protected by incognito.
    >
    > When I paste in a URL, then all is well.
    >
    > Actually, that turns out to be very logical. Thanks for thinking about this for me anyway.
    >
    > Regards.
    >
    > Dave C.

    Browsers have a feature called "private browsing" and
    others will clue in faster if you say that, than "incognito".
    It sounds like the name of a plugin or a separate program.

    You would have got more responses if the subject was
    "Private Browsing not working in Google Chrome" as at
    least people would know you were addressing the design of the
    browser.

    The choices for a browser design, are to have Private Browsing
    apply to the whole browser, or just to an individual window.
    Companies like Google prefer the latter, as it enhances
    their advertising revenue. If the browser did Private Browsing
    in every window, there'd be no proof for Google to bill people
    with. They need cookies and lots of Javascript, to prove
    you got your "ad impression" for each ad.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impression_(online_media)

    Paul
    Paul, Jan 21, 2014
  6. Guest

    On Monday, January 20, 2014 10:30:51 AM UTC-5, wrote:
    > Hi,
    >

    > When I invoke incognito window either by Ctrl-Shift-N or from the 'bars' in the top right of the Google screen, my web searches in history continue to be recorded. I was signed in to Google a this time.
    >

    > I thought the incognito window inhibits the history recording. Am I missing something?
    >

    > Using Win8.1 with Google Chrome, new desktop computer Asus,
    >

    > Thanks
    >

    > Dave C.

    Thanks, Paul, I find that interesting to know.

    Regards,

    Dave C
    , Jan 22, 2014