    package. If it works and I haven't heard that there is a problem with
    anything else, the package is on sale now for <$19 after the $20 upgrade
    (from Roxio) rebate.
    John Barnes, Jul 4, 2005

  2. John Barnes

    Rick Guest

    John Barnes wrote:
    > Has anyone here gotten INCD from the Nero package to work. I have seen
    > posts that it doesn't. I know DirectCD (Drag-to-disk) doesn't in the Roxio
    > package. If it works and I haven't heard that there is a problem with
    > anything else, the package is on sale now for <$19 after the $20 upgrade
    > (from Roxio) rebate.

    Ahead Software has not released a 64-bit version of InCD for Windows x64
    in the home version yet. It was posted here a while back that the
    corporate version of Nero has a 64-bit version of InCD.
    Rick, Jul 4, 2005

  3. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Sorry, but I have seen no references to a Corporate Nero. Their site
    doesn't reference one and the only links on this site I have found are to
    the Nero Ultra 6.6 version. No indication of home version or Corporate?
    One posting said INCD didn't work on x64 all other references to Nero say
    that it works, with no mention of INCD, which they may or may not use.

    John Barnes, Jul 4, 2005
  4. John Barnes

    Rick Guest

    You're right. It's not a corporate version, it's a Professional
    version. And there was a post stating the InCD in this one did work on x64.

    http://nero.com/enu/Professional_Products.html

    http://nero.com/enu/Nero_Max_7_Max_32_Recorders.html

    Rick, Jul 4, 2005
  5. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    I have downloaded the only version available on their website, the Ultra
    6.6, but have hesitated to install, since the last time I tried the product,
    admittedly years ago, there were like 12 pages of instructions on how to get
    rid of it with a failed install. Restore should now take care of all the
    registry entries, but there were also a lot of system files that had to be
    removed manually in order to get other (Roxio for example) to work. Guess I
    will Ghost my system and give it a try when I get a change. Thanks.

    John Barnes, Jul 4, 2005
  6. John Barnes

    -Dan- Guest

    Version 6.6.0.13 is running fine on my x64. The Nero package came bundled
    with my CD/DVD burners. I have since updated. It appears that 6.6.0.14 is
    on the update page now.

    --
    --Dan--

    -Dan-, Jul 4, 2005
  7. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    That includes having INCD working to write to DVD CD's? That is my main
    interest and another reported it didn't work. Thanks.

    John Barnes, Jul 5, 2005
  8. John Barnes

    John Barnes Guest

    Installed the downloads from Nero site. INCD was not installed as far as I
    could tell. Since that was the only item I had an interest in as I
    personally prefer Roxio, I will try installing without Drag-to-disk as
    previously posted by another user. The uninstall of Nero left a lot of
    entries in the registry and I hope that there are not any files which will
    conflict with Roxio as happened last time. At least I have a Ghost version
    to restore.

    John Barnes, Jul 7, 2005