    Nero that it will clean this version out before installing. The hourglass
    stays on forever, and another message says: "InCD not detected".

    How to proceed from here?

    Sigi Rindler, Jul 4, 2006

  2. Sigi Rindler

    PeeCee Guest

    "Sigi Rindler" <-net.ne.jp> wrote in message
    > Nero version 7 won't properly install on my machine (Win XP). I think I
    > found the culprit, but can't solve the problem.
    >

    > First I get the message: "InCD old version on computer", then I am told by
    > Nero that it will clean this version out before installing. The hourglass
    > stays on forever, and another message says: "InCD not detected".
    >
    > How to proceed from here?

    > News==----
    > Newsgroups

    Go to this page http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Clean_Tools.html , download
    the InCD cleanup tool and run it.
    Also make sure you're installing the latest version as I had similar
    problems till Nero 7.2.0.3b. came out.
    (I see there is a later one still now 7.2.3.2b)
    One other 'trick' is that InCD is not installed by default, so you have to
    do a custom install and enable the InCD tick boxes.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Jul 4, 2006

  3. Sigi Rindler wrote:

    > Nero version 7 won't properly install on my machine (Win XP). I think I
    > found the culprit, but can't solve the problem.
    >

    > First I get the message: "InCD old version on computer", then I am told by
    > Nero that it will clean this version out before installing. The hourglass
    > stays on forever, and another message says: "InCD not detected".
    >
    > How to proceed from here?

    What the other guy said, only I say don't use InCD as it is very
    temperamental and the slightest glich renders the data on the disc
    unaccessible and requiring a CD format, therefore permanent loss of any
    data thereon.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Jul 4, 2006
  4. Sigi Rindler

    JANA Guest

    What is the operating system, the make and model if the CD drive, the
    processor, and the amount of RAM in the computer.

    If you are running an older operating system on an older computer, and or
    the RAM is too small, it is very possible that there are some compatibility
    issues.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    Nero version 7 won't properly install on my machine (Win XP). I think I
    found the culprit, but can't solve the problem.

    First I get the message: "InCD old version on computer", then I am told by
    Nero that it will clean this version out before installing. The hourglass
    stays on forever, and another message says: "InCD not detected".

    How to proceed from here?

    News==----
    http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000
    Newsgroups

    JANA, Jul 4, 2006
  5. Sigi Rindler

    Vanguard Guest

    > Nero version 7 won't properly install on my machine (Win XP). I
    > think I found the culprit, but can't solve the problem.
    >
    > First I get the message: "InCD old version on computer", then I am
    > told by Nero that it will clean this version out before installing.
    > The hourglass stays on forever, and another message says: "InCD not
    > detected".

    Reboot into Safe Mode. Uninstall old Nero and InCD software. Reboot
    again (into normal mode). Install the new versions.

    Vanguard, Jul 4, 2006