    to start. InCD cannot start. I tried to start it in services but it said
    look in to event viewer and I couldn't find anything or I'm not looking in
    the right place. Any ideas?

    Richard, Feb 12, 2009

  2. Richard

    VanguardLH Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > I had to re-install the OS to get my update working and now I can't get my
    > sound working because it said "The InCD helper service is present but failed
    > to start. InCD cannot start. I tried to start it in services but it said
    > look in to event viewer and I couldn't find anything or I'm not looking in
    > the right place. Any ideas?

    InCD is the UDF reader/writer included with Ahead's Nero suite. I have
    yet to find a stable version that doesn't cause hangs or screwups on
    some hosts. Do you really need the CD-R/DVD-R to look like a big floppy
    that you can immediately write to? Why not just use the burning
    software (in Windows or in Nero) to copy the files on the writable
    media?

    InCD has been at version 5 over many versions of Nero. That is, it has
    not been improved or fixed. I have v6 of Nero which includes v4 of InCD
    (but I don't install it anymore). InCD v5 showed up in Nero v7 and,
    AFAIK, it is still v5 for InCD in Nero v9.

    A UDF reader is already included in Windows XP, and up, so you don't
    need theirs except on older versions of Windows (but then the Adaptec
    UDF reader has been around for a decade).

    Do you really *need* InCD? Or is it just for convenience but their CD
    burning software would work just as well (and be more compatible and not
    require anyone to use a UDF reader on their own host to read your UDF
    discs)?

    VanguardLH, Feb 12, 2009

  3. Richard

    PeeCee Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >I had to re-install the OS to get my update working and now I can't get my
    >sound working because it said "The InCD helper service is present but
    >failed to start. InCD cannot start. I tried to start it in services but it
    >said look in to event viewer and I couldn't find anything or I'm not
    >looking in the right place. Any ideas?

    Only fix I've found for InCD issues is to uninstall it, reboot and
    reinstall.

    Best
    Paul.

    PeeCee, Feb 12, 2009
  4. Richard

    VanguardLH Guest

    PeeCee wrote:

    > Richard wrote ...
    >>
    >> I had to re-install the OS to get my update working and now I can't
    >> get my sound working because it said "The InCD helper service is
    >> present but failed to start. InCD cannot start. I tried to start it
    >> in services but it said look in to event viewer and I couldn't find
    >> anything or I'm not looking in the right place. Any ideas?

    > Only fix I've found for InCD issues is to uninstall it, reboot and
    > reinstall.

    Only permanent fix I've found is the first two-thirds of your solution
    (i.e., uninstall and reboot).

    VanguardLH, Feb 13, 2009
  5. Richard

    KerryK

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    I have the same problem. When I updated to Windows 7 Ultimate I get this message. My question now is, if I don't need it how do I get rid of that message, or uninstall it because it doesn't show up independently in the Programs. Do I have to uninstall Nero?
    Regards
    KerryK

    KerryK, Feb 22, 2011