    I checked it and installed it anyway to find out later that it will not work
    with XP64. My question is:

    What is InCD and is it woth the trouble to get it to work? Thanks.
    Flow, Feb 26, 2006

  2. It was quite nice, as I remember. Let's you use any R/W as a kind of floppy
    f.ex - And no trouble at all, it will not work!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 26, 2006

  3. Flow

    Patrick Guest

    I believe that it is use for formatting readable/writable media.

    Patrick, Feb 27, 2006
  4. InCD is a form of packet writing software. Which tells you next to nothing,
    I know. What it does is put a file system on to the CD/DVD that allows you
    to treat it as a removeable disk, including drag and drop of files. In that
    sense, it's very handy. But the history of this kind of packet writing
    software has been very mixed. Almost all of them have been highly unstable
    at one or more points in their history. Roxio's was a major problem when XP
    first released, but it eventually got much better. At this point, the only
    equivalent software that supports x64 that I'm aware of is the Roxio
    version. The Nero InCD won't work until Ahead writes a new driver that
    supports it.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 27, 2006
  5. Flow

    Flow Guest

    > InCD is a form of packet writing software. Which tells you next to
    > nothing, I know. What it does is put a file system on to the CD/DVD that
    > allows you to treat it as a removeable disk, including drag and drop of
    > files. In that sense, it's very handy. But the history of this kind of
    > packet writing software has been very mixed. Almost all of them have been
    > highly unstable at one or more points in their history. Roxio's was a
    > major problem when XP first released, but it eventually got much better.
    > At this point, the only equivalent software that supports x64 that I'm
    > aware of is the Roxio version. The Nero InCD won't work until Ahead writes
    > a new driver that supports it.

    Thank you.
    Flow, Mar 1, 2006