    been threatening to "get a new email account" for quite some time, which
    I'm guessing is mother-speak for switching to an inferior (and insecure)
    email client. Anyone know how to save her from a terrible fate?
    Leif K-Brooks, May 15, 2004

  2. Leif K-Brooks

    Travis Evans Guest

    On 5/14/04 10:40 PM, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > My mother uses Mozilla 1.6. She's happy with the browser component, but
    > the mail component tries to rebuild the Inbox summary file every time
    > it's started for some reason. Since she has a very large inbox, this
    > takes quite some time, and makes her email virtually unusable. She's
    > been threatening to "get a new email account" for quite some time, which
    > I'm guessing is mother-speak for switching to an inferior (and insecure)
    > email client. Anyone know how to save her from a terrible fate?

    Do any of these message board threads have any advice that helps with
    the problem?

    Travis
    [Remove all three q's to demunge my email address.]
    Travis Evans, May 16, 2004

  3. Leif K-Brooks

    Travis Evans Guest

    On 5/14/04 10:40 PM, Leif K-Brooks wrote:

    > My mother uses Mozilla 1.6. She's happy with the browser component, but
    > the mail component tries to rebuild the Inbox summary file every time
    > it's started for some reason. Since she has a very large inbox, this
    > takes quite some time, and makes her email virtually unusable. She's
    > been threatening to "get a new email account" for quite some time, which
    > I'm guessing is mother-speak for switching to an inferior (and insecure)
    > email client. Anyone know how to save her from a terrible fate?

    Do any of these message boards have advice that helps with the problem?

    Travis Evans, May 16, 2004
  4. Travis Evans wrote:
    > On 5/14/04 10:40 PM, Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    >
    >> My mother uses Mozilla 1.6. She's happy with the browser component,
    >> but the mail component tries to rebuild the Inbox summary file every
    >> time it's started for some reason. <snip>

    > Do any of these message boards have advice that helps with the problem?
    >
    > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=41671
    >
    > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=41678

    Yes, the second one solved the problem after I disabled automatic
    downloading for her. Thanks a million.
    Leif K-Brooks, May 18, 2004