    So how does that happen, I had a user come to me because his inbox has 850
    new emails, all old read receipts, just came through all the sudden...any
    ideas?

    James, Apr 24, 2006

  2. James

    Wayne Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    news:u4IFbD$...
    > So how does that happen, I had a user come to me because his inbox has 850
    > new emails, all old read receipts, just came through all the sudden...any
    > ideas?

    Operating System? Client Version? Mail Server Version? Circumstances
    (migration, upgrade, no changes, etc) ? A little more information would help
    a lot. As would some evidence that you've tried searching Google or
    Microsoft before posting to an *exam* Newsgroup. Have you asked in the
    appropriate Client or Server NG's?
    Try going to the list of newsgroups and filter by
    "microsoft.public.exchange." (minus quotes), there are 12 groups just for
    Exchange.

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz
    MCNGP Silver
    MCP Windows 95

    Wayne, Apr 25, 2006

  3. Did u asked what sites he was visiting Lately?

    He probably get an internet commercial that reads>. you have just won a
    BRAND NEW LAPTOP FROM DELL!! Claim your price right here NOW!!!

    Tell him to go to post office and ask for a certified mail blocker stamp and
    mailed to you first class.
    or refer them to mcngp for more details.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJlYWQtdGVhc2Vy?=, Apr 25, 2006
  4. **Bread-teaser's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > Did u asked what sites he was visiting Lately?
    >
    > He probably get an internet commercial that reads>. you have just won
    > a BRAND NEW LAPTOP FROM DELL!! Claim your price right here NOW!!!
    >
    > Tell him to go to post office and ask for a certified mail blocker
    > stamp and mailed to you first class.
    > or refer them to mcngp for more details.

    You're a FU©KING moron!!

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 25, 2006
  5. **James's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > So how does that happen, I had a user come to me because his inbox
    > has 850 new emails, all old read receipts, just came through all the
    > sudden...any ideas?

    I've had this problem come up, but never could figure out why. I do know
    that it was something in the Exchange mailbox that got reset. Try looking
    for clues in the Technet portion of the MS Exchange site. As you have not
    provided us with enough information (as Wayne stated above) it is a bit
    difficult to completely understand your issue.

    And don't listen to that moron bread-teaser the inside of his skull is
    filled with play-dough.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 25, 2006
  6. that's because u're an idiot

    =?Utf-8?B?QnJlYWQtdGVhc2Vy?=, Apr 25, 2006
  7. **Bread-teaser's** the one who fcukin said it
    <<-------------------------------->>
    > that's because u're an idiot

    So tell me br@indumpiac, since you are such a brilliant computer scientist.
    What is the prognosis? Can you figure out what this gentleman is takling
    about based on his symptoms?

    So then *SHUT THE FU©K UP!!!*

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP Sb (Antimony)

    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 25, 2006
  8. James

    James Guest

    Yeah I didn't give much details, just though perhaps someone here might have
    had something simular come up.

    On the server its exchange 2003, OS is windows 2000 server. All Serviced
    packed up patched up to date. Client is running through windows 2000
    Terminal Server, Outlook 2003. No changes to the sy stem have been made,
    only affected the one user. If you check the exchange server, sure enough
    it shows all the messages going through it....
    weird...

    James, Apr 25, 2006
  9. James

    Jtyc Guest

    > I've had this problem come up, but never could figure out why. I do know
    > that it was something in the Exchange mailbox that got reset.

    Well I have seen it happen when I've gone to the queue in the System Manager
    and forced a connection. All of a sudden WHAM, all the pending or stuck
    emails hit all at once.

    This is a discussion that should be moved to the Exchange groups though,
    they'll be able to help a lot more over there.

    Jtyc, Apr 25, 2006
  10. In another mind-numbing episode of "I'm an eejit", "Bread-teaser" wrote:
    > Did u asked what sites he was visiting Lately?
    > He probably get an internet commercial that reads>. you have just won a
    > BRAND NEW LAPTOP FROM DELL!! Claim your price right here NOW!!!
    > Tell him to go to post office and ask for a certified mail blocker stamp and
    > mailed to you first class.
    > or refer them to mcngp for more details.

    Are you on Crack? James didn't give much info, but this is definitely NOT
    the reason why it happened.
    --
    LoopBack

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcEJhY2s=?=, Apr 25, 2006
  11. "Jtyc" wrote:

    > > I've had this problem come up, but never could figure out why. I do know
    > > that it was something in the Exchange mailbox that got reset.

    > Well I have seen it happen when I've gone to the queue in the System Manager
    > and forced a connection. All of a sudden WHAM, all the pending or stuck
    > emails hit all at once.
    >
    > This is a discussion that should be moved to the Exchange groups though,
    > they'll be able to help a lot more over there.

    I had a similar, but different problem like this today.

    I was to make some message rules for one of the helpdesk mailboxes, so I
    changed my profile, and launched outlook under the appropriate profile.

    Immediatley the system started to process a bunch of pending jobs, it tool
    about 20 minutes (I went for an coffee), When I returned I had just under
    2000 calander reminders in my list.

    In summary, it has virtually zero to do with your problem, but there you go.
    --
    LoopBack

    =?Utf-8?B?TG9vcEJhY2s=?=, Apr 25, 2006
  12. James

    lowdes Guest

    I would have to agree.

    lowdes, Apr 25, 2006
  13. James

    Dave Guest

    > **Bread-teaser's** the one who fcukin said it
    > <<-------------------------------->>
    >> Did u asked what sites he was visiting Lately?
    >>
    >> He probably get an internet commercial that reads>. you have just won
    >> a BRAND NEW LAPTOP FROM DELL!! Claim your price right here NOW!!!
    >>
    >> Tell him to go to post office and ask for a certified mail blocker
    >> stamp and mailed to you first class.
    >> or refer them to mcngp for more details.
    >>

    > You're a FU©KING moron!!

    Did you take a step back before posting the above? What primitive thoughts
    (if any) went through the random collection of neurons before you decided to
    spew out such drivel? If you have problems understanding the big words used
    here, just thump your knuckles on the ground, yes, the ones which you are
    still dragging behind you ...

    Dave, Apr 25, 2006
  14. James

    Dave Guest

    > **Bread-teaser's** the one who fcukin said it
    > <<-------------------------------->>
    >> that's because u're an idiot
    >>

    > So tell me br@indumpiac, since you are such a brilliant computer
    > scientist. What is the prognosis? Can you figure out what this gentleman
    > is takling about based on his symptoms?

    If you really had a clue about anything computer related you would be able
    to hypothesise and cover issues which include the more possible/probable
    outcomes. Since you haven't got a clue, you merely decided to retort to the
    following reply:

    > So then *SHUT THE FU©K UP!!!*

    Yet another arsewipe outburst from an imbecile.

    Your ignorance is showing.

    Dave, Apr 25, 2006
  15. James

    JaR Guest

    "Dave" <> wrote in

    > If you really had a clue about anything computer related you would be
    > able to hypothesise and cover issues which include the more
    > possible/probable outcomes.

    Oh dear. And here we have someone that thinks he is a tech weighing in on
    the question of the cause of the 850 read reciepts suddenly flooding an
    inbox. I suppose you are hypothesising that the cause was a trojan
    unwittingly downloaded after clicking on a pop-up as well?

    If so, you are a dolt.

    There, was that civilised enough for you?

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22

    JaR, Apr 25, 2006
  16. << While I was at work, Dave spurted out:

    > Did you take a step back before posting the above? What primitive
    > thoughts (if any) went through the random collection of neurons
    > before you decided to spew out such drivel? If you have problems
    > understanding the big words used here, just thump your knuckles on
    > the ground, yes, the ones which you are still dragging behind you ...

    Have *YOU* got a fu©king clue what is going on here? What did you do, just
    click on one random message and decide to respond. Why don't you try reading the
    newsgroup!!!

    NO? Didn't think about doing that did you dumbfu©k?? Well here, let me give you
    a little hint: The guy is a troll...just like you!! If you would spend a
    little time researching the problem, you would have easily figured out what the
    answer was.

    Not only that....read what Dip-Twister responded to!!! It had absolutely
    *nothing* to do with the problem the guy was asking about.

    Do you just walk into a room full of people and pick one person out and just
    start talking sh!t??? I sure hope you at least do it once...you'll surely get
    your @$$ kicked by some knuckle dragging thugs that could smell you as you
    traipsed in the door.

    --
    Bigus Di©kus
    MCNGP #51

    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 26, 2006
  17. << While I was at work, Dave spurted out:
    > "Bigus Di©kus" <BigusDi©kus@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >> **Bread-teaser's** the one who fcukin said it
    >> <<-------------------------------->>

    > Your ignorance is showing.

    Actually, I believe that is *your* ignorance that is showing!

    Until you do a little research and figure out what is going on, do yourself a
    favor and keep your mouth shut.

    Bigus Di©kus, Apr 26, 2006
  18. James

    Wayne Guest

    "James" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah I didn't give much details, just though perhaps someone here might
    > have had something simular come up.
    >
    > On the server its exchange 2003, OS is windows 2000 server. All Serviced
    > packed up patched up to date. Client is running through windows 2000
    > Terminal Server, Outlook 2003. No changes to the sy stem have been made,
    > only affected the one user. If you check the exchange server, sure enough
    > it shows all the messages going through it....
    > weird...

    Certainly is weird, tried posting this problem to the exchange newsgroup?

    Wayne

    Wayne, Apr 26, 2006
  19. James

    kpg Guest

    Daves not here man.

    kpg, Apr 26, 2006
  20. James

    Kline Sphere Guest

    >that's because u're an idiot

    you really are the most pathetic nobody to ever have graced this news
    group. Please for the sake of humanity find a dumpster and kill
    yourself.

    *plonk* along with the rest of your sock puppets.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    Kline Sphere, Apr 26, 2006