    Thank you.

    PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN HELPFUL COMMENTS
    :0)
    Jono, Mar 11, 2007

  2. Jono

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?
    >
    > For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN
    > number, when they reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields
    > no response. However, calling my SIP number works fine. I
    > have made no changes to my PBX.
    > Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR
    > (or Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?

    Strange one. DTMF problems are usually the result of the sending ATA not
    being correctly configured. It shouldn't be a problem with a call from the
    PSTN.

    I've occasionally had problems with inbound DTMF to a DSA port on my PBX,
    but that again has usually (AFAIK) been down to the caller's ATA not being
    correctly configured, I've never had a problem when the call has come from
    the PSTN.

    > Thank you.
    >
    > PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN
    > HELPFUL COMMENTS
    > > 0)

    Hey, my name isn't Ron..!

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Mar 11, 2007

  3. Jono

    Graham Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?
    >
    > For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN number, when they
    > reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields no response. However, calling my
    > SIP number works fine. I have made no changes to my PBX.
    >
    > Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR (or
    > Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?
    >
    > Thank you.

    Yes, I am getting the same thing.
    I'm doing some tests and I'll get back.

    --

    Graham.
    Profound_observation
    Graham, Mar 11, 2007
  4. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Graham explained :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?
    >>
    >> For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN number, when they
    >> reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields no response. However, calling my
    >> SIP number works fine. I have made no changes to my PBX.
    >>
    >> Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR (or
    >> Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?
    >>
    >> Thank you.

    > Yes, I am getting the same thing.
    > I'm doing some tests and I'll get back.

    Phew. Thought I'd inadvertently mucked something up!
    Jono, Mar 11, 2007
  5. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones pretended :

    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?
    >>
    >> For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN
    >> number, when they reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields
    >> no response. However, calling my SIP number works fine. I
    >> have made no changes to my PBX.
    >> Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR
    >> (or Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?

    > Strange one. DTMF problems are usually the result of the sending ATA not
    > being correctly configured. It shouldn't be a problem with a call from the
    > PSTN.
    >
    > I've occasionally had problems with inbound DTMF to a DSA port on my PBX, but
    > that again has usually (AFAIK) been down to the caller's ATA not being
    > correctly configured, I've never had a problem when the call has come from
    > the PSTN.

    In the early days of voip.co.uk, I had some issues with inbound DTMF,
    however, never with Sipgate - until now.

    >> Thank you.
    >>
    >> PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN
    >> HELPFUL COMMENTS
    >> > 0)

    > Hey, my name isn't Ron..!

    hmmm. That's one comment I would have liked to avoid :-(
    Jono, Mar 11, 2007
  6. Jono

    Graham Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?
    >
    > For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN number, when they
    > reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields no response. However, calling my
    > SIP number works fine. I have made no changes to my PBX.
    >
    > Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR (or
    > Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?
    >
    > Thank you.

    I noticed inbound calls were using a-law and outbound u-law, but
    that is probably down to my dodgy programming. I think they are
    pretty much the same anyway.
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%
    Graham, Mar 11, 2007
  7. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Graham explained on 11/03/2007 :
    > "Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?
    >>
    >> For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN number, when they
    >> reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields no response. However, calling my
    >> SIP number works fine. I have made no changes to my PBX.
    >>
    >> Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR (or
    >> Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?
    >>
    >> Thank you.

    > I noticed inbound calls were using a-law and outbound u-law, but
    > that is probably down to my dodgy programming. I think they are
    > pretty much the same anyway.
    > --

    I've raised the issue with Sipgate support & got a reply within 15
    minutes that they've now raised it with their supplier.
    Jono, Mar 12, 2007
  8. Jono

    Herman Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > Hello all,
    >
    > Is anyone else having any problems with DTMF on Sipgate?
    >
    > For about a week now, anyone calling my Sipgate PSTN number, when they
    > reach my IVR, pressing any digit yields no response. However, calling
    > my SIP number works fine. I have made no changes to my PBX.
    >
    > Anyone else got a Sipgate number & Asterisk...and an IVR (or
    > Voicemail)...and is willing to test for me?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN HELPFUL COMMENTS
    > :0)

    For info, I have always had issues with OUTbound DTMF on Sipgate (i.e.
    recognition by the final recipient) - one of the reasons I stopped using
    them
    Herman, Mar 12, 2007
  9. Jono

    Jono Guest

    After serious thinking Herman wrote :

    > For info, I have always had issues with OUTbound DTMF on Sipgate (i.e.
    > recognition by the final recipient) - one of the reasons I stopped using
    > them

    I would be surprised if that were not a configuration issue at your
    end. Never had any (Sipgate) DTMF issues until my sister complained
    that she'd not been able to collect her voicemail remotely.
    Jono, Mar 12, 2007
  10. Jono

    Herman Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > After serious thinking Herman wrote :
    >

    >> For info, I have always had issues with OUTbound DTMF on Sipgate (i.e.
    >> recognition by the final recipient) - one of the reasons I stopped using
    >> them

    > I would be surprised if that were not a configuration issue at your end.
    > Never had any (Sipgate) DTMF issues until my sister complained that she'd
    > not been able to collect her voicemail remotely.

    That's what I originally assumed too. I changed my mind when I had
    difficulties only with Sipgate and not with other providers on the same box
    (FritzBox). If someone can point me in the direction of what setting to
    change, I am happy to have my original assumption proved correct, but I fear
    this is not the case.

    BTW, I repeat your original request.:

    Herman, Mar 12, 2007
  11. Jono

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:04:36 GMT, "Herman"
    <> wrote:

    >"Jono" <> wrote in message
    >> After serious thinking Herman wrote :
    >>

    >>> For info, I have always had issues with OUTbound DTMF on Sipgate (i.e.
    >>> recognition by the final recipient) - one of the reasons I stopped using
    >>> them

    >> I would be surprised if that were not a configuration issue at your end.
    >> Never had any (Sipgate) DTMF issues until my sister complained that she'd
    >> not been able to collect her voicemail remotely.

    >That's what I originally assumed too. I changed my mind when I had
    >difficulties only with Sipgate and not with other providers on the same box
    >(FritzBox). If someone can point me in the direction of what setting to
    >change, I am happy to have my original assumption proved correct, but I fear
    >this is not the case.
    >
    >BTW, I repeat your original request.:
    >
    >PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN HELPFUL COMMENTS
    >:0)

    I too used to have outgoing DTMF problems when I used Sipgate with a
    Grandstream HandyTone-486 ATA. I could never find any DTMF setting
    that worked reliably.

    I recently upgraded my broadband router to a Vigor 2800VG, which has
    VoIP built in, and I seem to have solved the problem now. This router
    has two SIP INFO settings, "Nortel format" and "Cisco format". I found
    that DTMF sometimes didn't work when set to Cisco, but it seems fine
    when set to Nortel format.

    Chris
    Chris Blunt, Mar 13, 2007
  12. Jono

    Herman Guest

    "Chris Blunt" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:04:36 GMT, "Herman"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Jono" <> wrote in message

    >>> I would be surprised if that were not a configuration issue at your end.
    >>> Never had any (Sipgate) DTMF issues until my sister complained that
    >>> she'd
    >>> not been able to collect her voicemail remotely.

    >>That's what I originally assumed too. I changed my mind when I had
    >>difficulties only with Sipgate and not with other providers on the same
    >>box
    >>(FritzBox). If someone can point me in the direction of what setting to
    >>change, I am happy to have my original assumption proved correct, but I
    >>fear
    >>this is not the case.
    >>
    >>BTW, I repeat your original request.:
    >>
    >>PLEASE DON'T JOIN THIS THREAD WITH ANYTHING OTHER THAN HELPFUL COMMENTS
    >>:0)

    > I too used to have outgoing DTMF problems when I used Sipgate with a
    > Grandstream HandyTone-486 ATA. I could never find any DTMF setting
    > that worked reliably.
    >
    > I recently upgraded my broadband router to a Vigor 2800VG, which has
    > VoIP built in, and I seem to have solved the problem now. This router
    > has two SIP INFO settings, "Nortel format" and "Cisco format". I found
    > that DTMF sometimes didn't work when set to Cisco, but it seems fine
    > when set to Nortel format.
    >
    > Chris

    I originally had this ATA too and I would have expected it to be problematic
    because it is generally not well designed. I am however surprised that I
    have issues with a FritzBox which is when I came to the conclusion it was
    more provider-related than to do with my setup.

    Again I am happy to be proved wrong, but I would have expected similar
    issues from other providers, which is something I don't get.
    Herman, Mar 13, 2007
  13. Jono

    Jono Guest

    Inbound DTMF problems on Sipgate now appears to be fixed.
    Jono, Mar 17, 2007
  14. Jono

    aguynamedmo

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    Had this problem today, setting up IVR/Conference Server

    1. Dialing on regular phone via sipgate - Inbound dtmf signals not recognised on the numbers, seems to recognise Hash/pound sign
    2. Dialling in on softphone via sipgate - Perfectly fine
    3. Dialling on regular phone via VoipTalk - Perfectly fine

    So, seems to be a problem with the relay between there landline systems and there voip...

    anyone got any solutions?
    aguynamedmo, Apr 1, 2007
  15. Jono

    aguynamedmo

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    no they are not...im afraid..
    aguynamedmo, Apr 8, 2007
  16. Jono

    aguynamedmo

    Joined:
    Apr 1, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    ive given up with them and gone with voiptalk

    voiptalk allow IPKALL (free usa number forwarding)
    voiptalk have floorless inbound and outbound dtmf signals

    keeping sipgate for a personal line only where it that kind of thing doesnt matter
    aguynamedmo, Apr 8, 2007