    --
    TIA,
    Steve

    Steve, Oct 13, 2007

  2. Steve

    Brian A Guest

    On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:58:52 +0100, Steve <> wrote:

    >I'm looking for an inbound call - SIP provider in Australia, an
    >equivalent of, say, the IPKall service.
    >
    >Has anyone come across one? If not free, then cheap.

    There are lots of providers in Australia.
    The one with the cheapest rates, afaik, is pennytel.com (also works
    with Sipbroker) but also check out mynetfone.com.au. You can also get
    an Australian landline number in with the "Free Access Untimed Plan"
    I don't think you will do better than Pennytel. Currently I don't use
    them but I would if I were starting afresh.

    ---
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.
    ---

    Brian A, Oct 13, 2007

  3. Steve

    Alan Semple Guest

    "Brian A" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:58:52 +0100, Steve <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm looking for an inbound call - SIP provider in Australia, an
    >>equivalent of, say, the IPKall service.
    >>
    >>Has anyone come across one? If not free, then cheap.

    > There are lots of providers in Australia.
    > The one with the cheapest rates, afaik, is pennytel.com (also works
    > with Sipbroker) but also check out mynetfone.com.au. You can also get
    > an Australian landline number in with the "Free Access Untimed Plan"
    > I don't think you will do better than Pennytel. Currently I don't use
    > them but I would if I were starting afresh.

    Hi guys

    I have relatives who live in Frankston Victoria
    I think they are still there :)

    Compairing MyNetFone against PennyTel::

    I see MyNetfone charge 30 dollars per annum for a DID number.

    The."Free PennyTel Calls and a Free Traditional Phone Number"
    plan looks like the one I should choose.

    I assume that a Melbourne area code (61 3 8) number will have the lowest
    charges for my relatives in Frankston Victoria.

    I use Voip.co.uk as my main provider.

    Should I register my SPA3102 through Voxalot for the Voip.co.uk and the
    PennyTel service.
    or just leave it pointing at Voip.co.uk and use SipBroker to connect the
    PennyTel number to the SPA3102.?

    Alan

    Alan Semple, Oct 15, 2007
  4. Steve

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 20:22:51 GMT, "Alan Semple"
    <> wrote:

    >"Brian A" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 08:58:52 +0100, Steve <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>I'm looking for an inbound call - SIP provider in Australia, an
    >>>equivalent of, say, the IPKall service.
    >>>
    >>>Has anyone come across one? If not free, then cheap.

    >> There are lots of providers in Australia.
    >> The one with the cheapest rates, afaik, is pennytel.com (also works
    >> with Sipbroker) but also check out mynetfone.com.au. You can also get
    >> an Australian landline number in with the "Free Access Untimed Plan"
    >> I don't think you will do better than Pennytel. Currently I don't use
    >> them but I would if I were starting afresh.

    >Hi guys
    >
    >I have relatives who live in Frankston Victoria
    >I think they are still there :)
    >
    >Compairing MyNetFone against PennyTel::
    >
    >I see MyNetfone charge 30 dollars per annum for a DID number.
    >
    >The."Free PennyTel Calls and a Free Traditional Phone Number"
    >plan looks like the one I should choose.
    >
    >I assume that a Melbourne area code (61 3 8) number will have the lowest
    >charges for my relatives in Frankston Victoria.

    Via Pennytel calls are untimed at a fixed charge to the whole of
    Australia

    >I use Voip.co.uk as my main provider.
    >
    >Should I register my SPA3102 through Voxalot for the Voip.co.uk and the
    >PennyTel service.
    >or just leave it pointing at Voip.co.uk and use SipBroker to connect the
    >PennyTel number to the SPA3102.?
    >
    >Alan

    If you are calling into Pennytel you can do it two ways on the
    SPA-3000.
    1. Set up Voxalot or Sipbroker on one of your 4 gateways.
    or
    2. Set up a free Pennytel account yourself, set it up on one of your 4
    gateways, then dial their SIP Pennytel number via the Pennytel gateway
    you have set up.
    I don't think that registration is necessary to make Pennytel work. It
    is necessary with some Australian providers.

    Then you can set up a speed dial, to call your relatives, on your
    SPA-3000. Alternatively put a 'speed dial' into your dial plan.

    If you wish to register Pennytel and voip.co.uk via Voxalot you will,
    of course, need to pay the appropriate fees.

    For your relatives to call you for free then I'd need to know what set
    up they have. However, if you wanted to RECEIVE calls, on a Pennytel
    account then you would, as you suggest, have to register your SPA-3000
    with Voxalot and then voip.co.uk AND Pennytel on your Voxalot account.
    Then calls can easily be made both ways for free via Pennytel on
    Voxalot.

    I have a Sydney number and a UK number on Voxalot. I particularly
    chose this method because I wanted to have a common voicemail and
    because I wanted to limit the times at which my phone would ring. For
    example, my Aus cousin has often called me in the early hours of the
    morning, forgetting the time difference.

    I think this covers all yu asked but if you want more info. do ask.

    ---

    Brian A, Oct 16, 2007