    Messages:
    3
    When i turn my computer on, my monitor stays in standby mode until i get to the login screen of my operating system. its not a huge problem but i cant change any of my settings in my bios. i have not done anything different to my computer in the past few months and then i get this trouble that started two days ago. the monitor is not that old and it works at startup on another PC.

    bulazeem, Aug 26, 2007

  2. bulazeem

    bulazeem

    Joined:
    Aug 26, 2007
    Messages:
    3
    i just switched my DVI cord to the SUB cord and it shows the screen on startup and i was able to get into my bios. i don't see anything in my bios that would allow me to change the standby status of my monitor at startup.

    anyone know why my DVI cord doesnt send a signal at startup but will let me see images once the operating system has finished loading?

    if using the SUB cord fixes the problem, will i see any quality loss since i will no longer be using the DVI cord?
    (btw my monitor is a dell2005FPW)

    Last edited: Aug 26, 2007
    bulazeem, Aug 26, 2007

  3. bulazeem