    have already checked the corrections page for the book and have not found any
    corrections related to the minimum hardware reequirements.

    Any comment?

    Micah, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Micah

    Micah Guest

    "Micah" wrote:

    > Ok, so I am using the MS Press for 70-271 and I am reviewing the minimum
    > hardware rquirements for installing XP Pro. (This questions might have been
    > posted before; or not.) Anyways, Walter Blenn's book states that the minimum
    > hard drive space for installation is 1.5 GB and the minimum display is SVGA.
    > Yet, I knew this was not right, for some odd reason.
    >
    > So, I have the XP Resource Kit, which is done by the Microsoft Team. It
    > states that the minimum hard drive space is 2GB, not 1.5 GB. And the display
    > should be a regular VGA, SVGA is recommended.
    >
    > So which is right? I would say the Resource Kit; but possibly either pass or
    > fail on the exam will depend soley on this question.
    >
    > This then leads me to question the accuracy on the book by Walter Glenn. I
    > have already checked the corrections page for the book and have not found any
    > corrections related to the minimum hardware reequirements.
    >
    > Any comment?

    I am aware that I spelled it Blenn

    Micah, Jul 19, 2005

  3. Micah

    Micah Guest

    Links with different hard drive space requirements

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314865
    This one states 1.5 GB minimum hard drive space.
    The minimum hardware requirements for Windows XP Professional include: •
    Pentium 233-megahertz (MHz) processor or faster (300 MHz is recommended)
    • At least 64 megabytes (MB) of RAM (128 MB is recommended)
    • At least 1.5 gigabytes (GB) of available space on the hard disk
    • CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive
    • Keyboard and a Microsoft Mouse or some other compatible pointing device
    • Video adapter and monitor with Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher resolution
    • Sound card
    • Speakers or headphones
    For more information about system requirements for Windows XP Professional,
    visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/evaluation/sysreqs.mspx

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prba_dwp_swhw.asp

    This one is a link to the Resource Kit minimum hardware requirements for XP

    Micah, Jul 19, 2005
  4. Micah

    bob Guest

    I'm not sure about the SVGA being true...I think mine is only VGA. The
    minimum hard drive space is 1.5gig though.

    bob

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/upgrading/sysreqs.mspx

    bob, Jul 19, 2005
  5. Micah

    DanVDM Guest

    Re: Links with different hard drive space requirements

    I believe it is 2 GB with at least 1.5 GB free.

    DanVDM, Jul 19, 2005
  6. Micah

    Al Romanosky Guest

    SVGA has been the "default" video setting for past several years - about
    the only time you will see "VGA" is in safe mode.

    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL

    Al Romanosky, Jul 19, 2005