    --
    Thanks,

    Sam

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=, Nov 28, 2004

  2. Follow the numerical order, the exams start with the basics of managing 2003
    Active Directory (ie: for administrators) then goes into the designing and
    implementing the infrastructure, both network and active directory (ie: for
    engineers).

    Wayne McGlinn
    Brisbane, Oz

    "Sam" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm a little confused about the order in which it makes sense to take MCSE
    > tests. If I go by exam numbers from the lowest to highest. For example

    exam
    > 70-290 is "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003
    > Environment" on the other hand exam 70-293 is "Planning and Maintaining a
    > Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network Infrastructure".
    >
    > Shouldn't planning come first? So does it mean I should take 70-293 first

    or

    Wayne McGlinn, Nov 29, 2004

  3. That makes sense. Thanks Wayne. Or I should say, thanks mate. I really want
    to come and visit your beautiful country some day. Thanks, Sam

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=, Nov 29, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?= <> prattled ceaslessly in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm a little confused about the order in which it makes sense to take
    > MCSE tests. If I go by exam numbers from the lowest to highest. For
    > example exam 70-290 is "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows
    > Server 2003 Environment" on the other hand exam 70-293 is "Planning
    > and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
    > Infrastructure".
    >
    > Shouldn't planning come first? So does it mean I should take 70-293
    > first or do I go by exam numbers?

    You do not have to take them in any particular order. Most people
    suggest you take exams that represent areas you already know first, then
    go for the ones that are less familiar. I would not, however, recommend
    you take the network infrastructure exam before you take the server exam.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what you should be doing!"

    catwalker63, Nov 29, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear catwalker63 <> say in

    > You do not have to take them in any particular order. Most people
    > suggest you take exams that represent areas you already know first,
    > then go for the ones that are less familiar. I would not, however,
    > recommend you take the network infrastructure exam before you take the
    > server exam.

    I typically recommend that you take the exam you are ready for. If you
    are comfortable with the materials for a specific exam, that's what you
    should take. Some people may be more comfortable with AD vs Networking
    and some will be the other way around.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30
    -- a qoute by Doug Adams (Author of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)

    Neil, Nov 29, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:,
    Sam <> rambled:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm a little confused about the order in which it makes sense to take
    > MCSE tests. If I go by exam numbers from the lowest to highest. For
    > example exam 70-290 is "Managing and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows
    > Server 2003 Environment" on the other hand exam 70-293 is "Planning
    > and Maintaining a Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Network
    > Infrastructure".
    >
    > Shouldn't planning come first? So does it mean I should take 70-293
    > first or do I go by exam numbers?

    In what order? Probably up, then down. Then across. But, as always, the
    final decision rests with you.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 29, 2004
  7. >In what order? Probably up, then down. Then across. But, as always, the
    >final decision rests with you.

    dark, locked room?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Nov 30, 2004
  8. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:,
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> rambled:

    >> In what order? Probably up, then down. Then across. But, as always,
    >> the final decision rests with you.

    > dark, locked room?

    Bathtub is best.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 30, 2004
  9. >>> In what order? Probably up, then down. Then across. But, as always,
    >>> the final decision rests with you.

    >> dark, locked room?
    >>

    >Bathtub is best.

    with a toaster?

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Nov 30, 2004
  10. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:,
    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> rambled:

    >>> dark, locked room?
    >>>

    >> Bathtub is best.

    > with a toaster?

    Yes. Up, down, across, toaster.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 30, 2004
  11. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Ken Briscoe" <> say in

    > In news:,
    > The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> rambled:

    >>> Bathtub is best.

    >> with a toaster?
    >>

    > Yes. Up, down, across, toaster.

    you're going to kill the toaster?

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Nov 30, 2004
  12. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:Xns95B184B47E57Cneilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16,
    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:

    > did you hear "Ken Briscoe" <> say in
    >
    >> In news:,
    >> The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> rambled:

    >>> with a toaster?
    >>>

    >> Yes. Up, down, across, toaster.
    >>

    > you're going to kill the toaster?

    No! I'm...it's not the toaster! But, wait, you're not following here....You
    see, you have to...um...the toaster is just a secondary....here, let me
    explain this better...lemme think....er, yeah, what you have to do is get a
    sharp tool, like a knife...on second thought, the best way for you to
    understand is by example...here, lemme fill the tub up....alright, hop in
    and make yourself comfortable while I run to the kitchen right quick...be
    right back...

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 30, 2004
  13. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    > alright, hop in
    > and make yourself comfortable while I run to the kitchen right quick...be
    > right back...

    "Well officer, Ken said he was going to run to the kitchen and would be
    right back. He never retruned, so after my bath you can imagine my surprise
    to see he was lying dead in the kitchen. Perhaps I should have mentioned
    that I had left the gas on in the kitchen with the pilot out. Sad, I will
    really miss him...kind of...a little...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Nov 30, 2004
  14. >you're going to kill the toaster?

    non, no just kidding!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Nov 30, 2004
  15. >> you're going to kill the toaster?

    >No! I'm...it's not the toaster! But, wait, you're not following here....You
    >see, you have to...um...the toaster is just a secondary....here, let me
    >explain this better...lemme think....er, yeah, what you have to do is get a
    >sharp tool, like a knife...on second thought, the best way for you to
    >understand is by example...here, lemme fill the tub up....alright, hop in
    >and make yourself comfortable while I run to the kitchen right quick...be
    >right back...

    you try to confuse.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Nov 30, 2004
  16. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:Xns95B18A79E5FF5neilmcsegmailcom@207.46.248.16,
    Neil <guess!!!@gmail.com> rambled:

    > "Well officer, Ken said he was going to run to the kitchen and would
    > be right back. He never retruned, so after my bath you can imagine my
    > surprise to see he was lying dead in the kitchen. Perhaps I should
    > have mentioned that I had left the gas on in the kitchen with the
    > pilot out. Sad, I will really miss him...kind of...a little...

    Neil: 1
    Ken: dead

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 30, 2004
  17. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    Neil Guest

    did you hear The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> say in

    >>you're going to kill the toaster?

    > non, no just kidding!
    >
    > Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    your daughter she come to my house and kicked my toaster!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Nov 30, 2004
  18. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    > Neil: 1
    > Ken: dead

    I see me plan was executed flawlessly....WAIT A MINUTE?!?! are you posting
    from beyond the grave? 'cuase if you aren't then my plan didn't work at
    all!

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Nov 30, 2004
  19. =?Utf-8?B?U2Ft?=

    > you try to confuse.

    no I was confused already...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Nov 30, 2004

  20. >-----Original Message-----
    >did you hear "Ken Briscoe" <> say

    in

    >> Neil: 1
    >> Ken: dead
    >>

    >I see me plan was executed flawlessly....WAIT A

    MINUTE?!?! are you posting
    >from beyond the grave? 'cuase if you aren't then my plan

    didn't work at
    >all!

    It is called Divine System Integration.

    Keyboard Cowboy, Nov 30, 2004