IN THE GARDEN WITH THE 20D !!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Annika1980, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Annika1980

    EF in FLA Guest

    EF in FLA, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Annika1980

    Tony Hwang Guest

    Tony Hwang, Jun 14, 2005
  4. Gary Eickmeier, Jun 14, 2005
  5. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    Annika1980, Jun 14, 2005
  6. Annika1980

    Jer Guest

    Jer, Jun 14, 2005
  7. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    > I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.
    > http://www.pbase.com/bret/imag­e/44770336/original

    :You and your damn garden! Sheesh!! Haven't you heard about
    pesticides? :)

    It's actually just a scraggly old bush. The wife is threatening to cut
    it down,
    but I held her off long enough to get a few more bug pics.

    That's what I love about macro photography. You can find subjects
    anywhere.
    Put me in a field of wildflowers near the lake and I could kill 4 hours
    without even looking up.
    One time on the mountain, I got so engrossed in taking pics of spider
    mites I almost missed the bald eagle flying by.
    I'd go broke trying to do this with film, btw. It's so hard to get the
    (manual) focus correct with such a shallow DOF, that I probably burn
    20-30 shots for each keeper. That would get expensive with Velvia.
    However, I shall be getting out the Fabulous EOS-1V soon, just to make
    some cool Macro slides.
    Annika1980, Jun 14, 2005
  8. Annika1980

    Brad Guest

    On 13 Jun 2005 16:47:15 -0700, "Annika1980" <>
    wrote:

    >I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.
    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/44770336/original

    Before you get attacked by the experts for some inconsequential thing
    let me say that I think its an outstanding picture.....congrats

    Brad

    LIFE'S JOURNEY IS NOT TO ARRIVE AT THE GRAVE SAFELY IN A
    WELL-PRESERVED BODY, BUT RATHER TO SKID IN SIDEWAYS, TOTALLY WORN OUT,
    SHOUTING... " HOLY @#$%... WHAT A RIDE!"
    Brad, Jun 14, 2005
  9. Annika1980

    wrote:

    >I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.
    >http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/44770336/original

    OOPS......I see one already......he's not smiling.....

    Brad, Jun 14, 2005
  10. Annika1980

    Jer Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    >>I like this one that I took in the back yard yesterday.
    >>http://www.pbase.com/bret/imag­e/44770336/original

    > :You and your damn garden! Sheesh!! Haven't you heard about
    > pesticides? :)
    >
    > It's actually just a scraggly old bush. The wife is threatening to cut
    > it down,
    > but I held her off long enough to get a few more bug pics.
    >
    > That's what I love about macro photography. You can find subjects
    > anywhere.
    > Put me in a field of wildflowers near the lake and I could kill 4 hours
    > without even looking up.
    > One time on the mountain, I got so engrossed in taking pics of spider
    > mites I almost missed the bald eagle flying by.
    > I'd go broke trying to do this with film, btw. It's so hard to get the
    > (manual) focus correct with such a shallow DOF, that I probably burn
    > 20-30 shots for each keeper. That would get expensive with Velvia.
    > However, I shall be getting out the Fabulous EOS-1V soon, just to make
    > some cool Macro slides.

    Oh gosh, Bret, I'm just pushing your leg... I've got the same
    affliction when I'm with a certain 3 y/o nephew whose bug-focused
    attention cannot be underestimated! The next time he's here I'm fairly
    certain he'd enjoy a stroll through your little garden.

    BTW, while taking macros of spider mites, how'd that lens work out on
    the eagle overhead? :)

    Thanks for the opportunity to keep a young and growing mind interested
    by sharing the fun.

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    Jer, Jun 14, 2005
  11. Annika1980

    Annika1980 Guest

    >BTW, while taking macros of spider mites, how'd that lens work out on
    >the eagle overhead? :)

    Totally useless, unless I can coax the bird into within about 3 inches
    or so.
    Annika1980, Jun 14, 2005
  12. Annika1980

    Guest

    Annika1980 wrote:
    > >BTW, while taking macros of spider mites, how'd that lens work out on
    > >the eagle overhead? :)

    > Totally useless, unless I can coax the bird into within about 3 inches
    > or so.

    Keep a worm in your pocket! ;)
    , Jun 14, 2005
  13. Annika1980

    Cynicor Guest

    Cynicor, Jun 14, 2005
  14. Annika1980

    Jer Guest

    wrote:

    > Annika1980 wrote:
    >
    >>>BTW, while taking macros of spider mites, how'd that lens work out on
    >>>the eagle overhead? :)

    >>Totally useless, unless I can coax the bird into within about 3 inches
    >>or so.

    > Keep a worm in your pocket! ;)

    I aint' goin there. )

    --
    jer
    email reply - I am not a 'ten'
    Jer, Jun 15, 2005
  15. Annika1980

    Guest

    In message <>,
    wrote:

    >Annika1980 wrote:
    >> >BTW, while taking macros of spider mites, how'd that lens work out on
    >> >the eagle overhead? :)

    >> Totally useless, unless I can coax the bird into within about 3 inches
    >> or so.

    >Keep a worm in your pocket! ;)

    For an eagle, I'd think that you would need a nice, shiny fish.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><
    , Jun 16, 2005
  16. Annika1980

    Guest

    wrote:
    > In message <>,
    > wrote:

    > >> Totally useless, unless I can coax the bird into within about 3 inches
    > >> or so.

    > >Keep a worm in your pocket! ;)

    > For an eagle, I'd think that you would need a nice, shiny fish.

    Perhaps a Slippery Dick?
    , Jun 16, 2005