    toolbar disappeared. When I checked the Customize Toolbar screen, its
    not being offered. Is there any way to have the email icon showing in
    the toolbar again? Or do I have to back to 1.5.0.7?
    cag, Oct 28, 2006

  2. cag wrote:
    > I just upgraded to 2.0 and see the Thunderbird email icon that was in my
    > toolbar disappeared. When I checked the Customize Toolbar screen, its
    > not being offered. Is there any way to have the email icon showing in
    > the toolbar again? Or do I have to back to 1.5.0.7?

    Do you mean the Mail button? I never saw a TB icon there, just Mail. It
    has been removed from 2.0

    Still if thats it, why downgrade? Just place a Thunderbird shortcut in
    the Quick Launch bar, which is located next the Start menu button, and
    is always visible when the browser is open. It will do exactly the same
    thing, its just at the bottom of the screen, rather then at the top. Why
    clutter up the toolbar?

    No Quick Launch Bar? Right click on the task bar, and select Toolbars,
    then check Quick Launch. There will probably be a shortcut there
    already. If not, just drag the desktop shortcut onto the Quick Launch
    bar. Once its there, a single click opens Thunderbird.

    I've been at Mozilla support for a long time. The Mail button in FF was
    very buggy, it worked poorly for many people. Developers have decided
    to remove it, as it is not a browser function, and did not work as hoped
    anyway.

    You can go back to 1.5 if you want, but the native mail button is not
    coming back. Mozilla will continue to update the 1.5 branch, probably
    for about 6 months, with security fixes, then it reaches end of life.

    In the meantime, some will probably write an extension to add it back
    in. :) But its so easy to live without, with no loss of functionality.
    Let your OS do its job.

    Lee
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 28, 2006

  3. Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > cag wrote:
    >> I just upgraded to 2.0 and see the Thunderbird email icon that was in
    >> my toolbar disappeared. When I checked the Customize Toolbar screen,
    >> its not being offered. Is there any way to have the email icon showing
    >> in the toolbar again? Or do I have to back to 1.5.0.7?

    > Do you mean the Mail button? I never saw a TB icon there, just Mail. It
    > has been removed from 2.0
    >
    > Still if thats it, why downgrade? Just place a Thunderbird shortcut in
    > the Quick Launch bar, which is located next the Start menu button, and
    > is always visible when the browser is open. It will do exactly the same
    > thing, its just at the bottom of the screen, rather then at the top. Why
    > clutter up the toolbar?
    >
    > No Quick Launch Bar? Right click on the task bar, and select Toolbars,
    > then check Quick Launch. There will probably be a shortcut there
    > already. If not, just drag the desktop shortcut onto the Quick Launch
    > bar. Once its there, a single click opens Thunderbird.
    >
    > I've been at Mozilla support for a long time. The Mail button in FF was
    > very buggy, it worked poorly for many people. Developers have decided
    > to remove it, as it is not a browser function, and did not work as hoped
    > anyway.
    >
    > You can go back to 1.5 if you want, but the native mail button is not
    > coming back. Mozilla will continue to update the 1.5 branch, probably
    > for about 6 months, with security fixes, then it reaches end of life.
    >
    > In the meantime, some will probably write an extension to add it back
    > in. :) But its so easy to live without, with no loss of functionality.
    > Let your OS do its job.
    >
    > Lee

    And magically, as we speak:

    https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3591/
    Leonidas Jones, Oct 28, 2006
  4. cag

    cag Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > Leonidas Jones wrote:
    >> cag wrote:
    >>> I just upgraded to 2.0 and see the Thunderbird email icon that was in
    >>> my toolbar disappeared. When I checked the Customize Toolbar screen,
    >>> its not being offered. Is there any way to have the email icon
    >>> showing in the toolbar again? Or do I have to back to 1.5.0.7?

    >> Do you mean the Mail button? I never saw a TB icon there, just Mail.
    >> It has been removed from 2.0
    >>
    >> Still if thats it, why downgrade? Just place a Thunderbird shortcut
    >> in the Quick Launch bar, which is located next the Start menu button,
    >> and is always visible when the browser is open. It will do exactly
    >> the same thing, its just at the bottom of the screen, rather then at
    >> the top. Why clutter up the toolbar?
    >>
    >> No Quick Launch Bar? Right click on the task bar, and select
    >> Toolbars, then check Quick Launch. There will probably be a shortcut
    >> there already. If not, just drag the desktop shortcut onto the Quick
    >> Launch bar. Once its there, a single click opens Thunderbird.
    >>
    >> I've been at Mozilla support for a long time. The Mail button in FF
    >> was very buggy, it worked poorly for many people. Developers have
    >> decided to remove it, as it is not a browser function, and did not
    >> work as hoped anyway.
    >>
    >> You can go back to 1.5 if you want, but the native mail button is not
    >> coming back. Mozilla will continue to update the 1.5 branch, probably
    >> for about 6 months, with security fixes, then it reaches end of life.
    >>
    >> In the meantime, some will probably write an extension to add it back
    >> in. :) But its so easy to live without, with no loss of
    >> functionality. Let your OS do its job.
    >>
    >> Lee
    >>

    > And magically, as we speak:
    >
    > https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/3591/