    a hard drive or any directory/subdirectory I designate. Any
    suggestions. Windows XP.
    , Feb 28, 2004

  2. colin Guest

    http://www.gpsoft.com.au/
    colin, Feb 28, 2004

  3. Guest

    On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:05:48 +1100, "colin" <>
    wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> I am looking for a utility that will tell me how many files I have on
    >> a hard drive or any directory/subdirectory I designate. Any
    >> suggestions. Windows XP.

    >http://www.gpsoft.com.au/

    Thanks but I was looking for freeware. Nothing as sophisticated as
    that program.
    , Feb 28, 2004
  4. V W Wall Guest

    wrote:

    > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:05:48 +1100, "colin" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > ><> wrote in message
    > >> I am looking for a utility that will tell me how many files I have on
    > >> a hard drive or any directory/subdirectory I designate. Any
    > >> suggestions. Windows XP.

    > >http://www.gpsoft.com.au/
    > >

    > Thanks but I was looking for freeware. Nothing as sophisticated as
    > that program.

    Here's a freebe with a lot of disk statistics.

    http://www.contactplus.com/products/freestuff/stats.htm

    Give it a go!

    Virg Wall
    --

    Any sufficiently advanced technology
    is indistinguishable from magic.

    Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law
    V W Wall, Feb 29, 2004
  5. Kenny Guest

    Not sure if this actually counts them but it lists them and it's free.
    http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptdirprn.asp

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Feb 29, 2004
  6. V W Wall Guest

    wrote:

    > On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 05:05:48 +1100, "colin" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > ><> wrote in message
    > >> I am looking for a utility that will tell me how many files I have on
    > >> a hard drive or any directory/subdirectory I designate. Any
    > >> suggestions. Windows XP.

    > >http://www.gpsoft.com.au/
    > >

    > Thanks but I was looking for freeware. Nothing as sophisticated as
    > that program.

    Just use the "Find" that comes with Windows. Set it to scan the drive
    or directory/subdirectory and look for "*.*". At the bottom of the window
    you will see "nnn file(s) found". You can even pick the type of files
    you wish to enumerate, e.g., "*.pdf", will find all .pdf files in the
    selected source and tell you their number. You can also sort by date
    or contents.

    Couldn't be much simpler, and completely free. ;-)

    If you want file statistics, seem my previous post for:

    V W Wall, Feb 29, 2004