In rubber boots with the Canon S2

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by John H, Apr 16, 2006.

  1. John H

    John H Guest

    Here's a composite shot taken in the early morning at my home
    with the Canon S2. I put on my rubber boots and went out in the
    shallows to get the picture. The sun was rising with mist off to the
    left mostly burned off by the time it reached the shore:

    http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/treelake.jpg

    Here's a shot at the other end of our property. On one end
    there is a lake and on the other a salt water inlet; a tidal flat
    really. It was getting late and quite dark when we noticed the
    brilliant sunset; not very good conditions for the Canon but I got
    something:

    http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/outfront.jpg

    Here's a shot of the same sunset a little down the road
    although it is somewhat similar to one I posted a while back:

    http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/storyhead.jpg

    And yet another this time up the road a bit:

    http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/3630.jpg

    If you handle one more at the lake:

    http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/3660.jpg

    Always good to hear if people like or dislike or have helpful
    tips or comments.

    Neat Image was used to clean up noise.

    John H

    John H, Apr 16, 2006

  2. John H

    MB Guest

    First of all, you're a lucky guy to be able to live there.

    treelake.jpg would have benefited from full reflection of the tree, and not
    cut off, the way I see it. As for sundowns, or sunrises, they are just
    about always awe-inspiring, and photos of them usually don't knock me over:
    ya gotta be there. The very last one, doral/3660, I liked the best; I think
    it's a complete image and would not have been better with one more or one
    less feature.

    Thanks for showing them.

    MB, Apr 16, 2006

  3. John H

    John H Guest

    On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 16:55:14 +0200, "MB" <>
    wrote:

    >First of all, you're a lucky guy to be able to live there.
    >
    >treelake.jpg would have benefited from full reflection of the tree, and not
    >cut off, the way I see it. As for sundowns, or sunrises, they are just
    >about always awe-inspiring, and photos of them usually don't knock me over:
    >ya gotta be there. The very last one, doral/3660, I liked the best; I think
    >it's a complete image and would not have been better with one more or one
    >less feature.
    >
    >Thanks for showing them.

    Thanks for commenting. The thought of the tree reflection was
    going through my mind as I worked on the photo but unfortunately I
    failed to capture enough of it (this time!). Here is the most I got
    of it from frames out of the composite
    http://users.eastlink.ca/~doral/tree.jpg but the part to the left is
    missing. Since it was just water I overlooked it. I take this as a
    lesson in trying to see the finished picture as it is taken. I was
    backed against the wharf in picture 3660 at the time trying to get a
    lower perspective but the full reflection might have been available
    from a different position.

    Agreed with the sunrise/sunsets. They need to be experienced.
    Still they help recall the moment - more so no doubt for the person
    who there as the unfelt part is filled out in the imagination.

    John H

    John H, Apr 16, 2006