    readily available
    --1 or 2 RU

    Thanks.
    rjhintz, Jun 13, 2007

  2. rjhintz <> writes:
    >Any recommendations for in rack rectifiers to supply -48V DC in the
    >25A to 50A range? I know about Emerson/Lorain and Unipower-Corp.

    >It would be helpful if they had these characteristics:
    >--19" rack compatible
    >--hot swap modules
    >--remote monitoring capable
    >--easy to get maintenance contract in, at least, urban areas and parts
    >readily available
    >--1 or 2 RU

    APC makes some DC power stuff that I've liked.

    I don't think you're going to get 50A in 2U of space though. The
    others I have are 5A in 1U, 10A in 2U/3U.
    Doug McIntyre, Jun 14, 2007

  3. rjhintz

    rjhintz Guest

    On Jun 13, 4:39 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > I don't think you're going to get 50A in 2U of space though. The
    > others I have are 5A in 1U, 10A in 2U/3U.

    Thanks for the lead on APC.

    Unipower model TRSI7000 claims 52.1A at 48V in a 2U form factor.
    rjhintz, Jun 14, 2007
  4. Rjhintz wrote:
    > Any recommendations for in rack rectifiers to supply -48V DC in the
    > 25A to 50A range? I know about Emerson/Lorain and Unipower-Corp.
    >
    > It would be helpful if they had these characteristics:
    > --19" rack compatible
    > --hot swap modules
    > --remote monitoring capable
    > --easy to get maintenance contract in, at least, urban areas and parts
    > readily available
    > --1 or 2 RU

    Tyco seems to meet most of your needs. Take a look at their
    CPL platform.

    http://www.power.tycoelectronics.com/

    --
    Joop van der Velden -
    Joop van der Velden, Jun 14, 2007
  5. Doug McIntyre wrote:

    > I don't think you're going to get 50A in 2U of space though. The
    > others I have are 5A in 1U, 10A in 2U/3U.

    If i read the specs correctly. Tyco can output up to 200A @ 50V in
    a 1U rack space.

    --
    Joop van der Velden -
    Joop van der Velden, Jun 14, 2007
  6. rjhintz

    MC Guest

    Joop van der Velden wrote:
    > Rjhintz wrote:
    >> Any recommendations for in rack rectifiers to supply -48V DC in the
    >> 25A to 50A range? I know about Emerson/Lorain and Unipower-Corp.
    >>
    >> It would be helpful if they had these characteristics:
    >> --19" rack compatible
    >> --hot swap modules
    >> --remote monitoring capable
    >> --easy to get maintenance contract in, at least, urban areas and parts
    >> readily available
    >> --1 or 2 RU

    > Tyco seems to meet most of your needs. Take a look at their
    > CPL platform.
    >
    > http://www.power.tycoelectronics.com/

    be carefull when utilizing rectifiers, some are designed to be operated
    when connected to batteries, if utilizing battery then output may not be
    as clean.
    MC, Jun 14, 2007