    2A6LGB09

    Thanks in advance

    Loek
    Loek, Apr 16, 2005

  2. Loek

    carson Guest

    "Loek" <> wrote in message
    news:d3qajb$3r5$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > A friend of mine owns a 1999 Fujitsu Siemens 450 Mhz computer.
    > After having XP installed the system keeps rebooting.
    > I found out the Award-bios needs to be upgraded and the upgrade can be
    > achieved by paying $ 29,95.
    > Unfortunately, neither my friend nor I have a creditcard.
    > We would be very greatful if anyone could help us out.
    >
    > the bios id starts with
    > 2A6LGB09
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Loek
    >
    > you shouldn't have to pay for a bios upgrade

    ..........unless you are paying someone to do it for you
    have a look here to learn how to identify the kind of
    motherboard/bios you have
    http://www.wimsbios.com/numbers.shtml
    then goto the manufactures site and download it
    flashing a bios can be DANGEROUS to your computer
    if done wrong
    If you can't find the maker of the motherboard
    and bios version ,you will be better off
    paying your local computer shop to do it for you
    carson, Apr 16, 2005

  3. Loek

    Plato Guest

    Loek wrote:

    > A friend of mine owns a 1999 Fujitsu Siemens 450 Mhz computer.
    > After having XP installed the system keeps rebooting.
    > I found out the Award-bios needs to be upgraded and the upgrade can be
    > achieved by paying $ 29,95.
    > Unfortunately, neither my friend nor I have a creditcard.

    See if below ids your motherboard model.
    http://www.bootdisk.com/utility.htm
    Go to the Dos section, Diagnostics, and download mbid14.exe
    Tho written by AMI, it correctly ID'd my brand new ASUS mobo with
    Phoenix/Award.
    Then go to your mobo makers site and download the new bios free.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Apr 16, 2005