    Note: I do understand that not everyone likes Microsoft and not everyone
    likes Word so I understand that and don't need for those who this pertains
    to worry about emailing me.

    M. K., Aug 23, 2006

  2. M. K.

    Snøøp¥ Guest

    "M. K." <> wrote in message
    news:f3842$44ec7dc4$407105fd$...
    > As stated in Subject the option for "Recently used File List" shows as
    > gray and the option appears not to be available. What can I do to remedy
    > this situation? I have used MSWord for years and am comfortable using it.
    > If this option (Recently Used File List "was again available it would be a
    > time saver for me. I have not had this problem in the past with other
    > versions of MSWord.
    > Any help that someone can give would be appreciated in making this option
    > available. I have done the "Detect and Repair" route and this has not
    > helped.
    >
    > Mary
    >
    > Note: I do understand that not everyone likes Microsoft and not everyone
    > likes Word so I understand that and don't need for those who this pertains
    > to worry about emailing me.

    This Help?

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/284896/en-us

    --
    Snøøp¥ (Gid Auld Fife)
    Cut ¬THE CR@P¬ To Reply

    Snøøp¥, Aug 23, 2006

  3. M. K.

    M. K. Guest

    Thank you for your intended help.
    In answer to your question: I am trying. Can't find the tweak in the
    control panel arena and am not able to figure out how to get to the "Add new
    documents to Documents on Start Menu" either. I should note that I am using
    Windows XP Home. I am sorry for feeling so stupid.
    Mary

    M. K., Aug 23, 2006
  4. M. K.

    why? Guest

    On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:00:31 -0700, M. K. wrote:

    >Thank you for your intended help.
    >In answer to your question: I am trying. Can't find the tweak in the
    >control panel arena and am not able to figure out how to get to the "Add new

    Don't know XP Home, usually TweakUI is a little app you would need to
    download and install, if you don't go for the alternative registry edit
    the article mentions.

    www.google.com , windows xp tweakui , gives

    Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XPTweak UI. This PowerToy gives you
    access to system settings that are not exposed in the Windows XP default
    user interface, including mouse settings, ...
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx - 23k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    Other info, how to use and what is tweakui
    http://www.google.com/search?q=windows xp tweakui

    >documents to Documents on Start Menu" either. I should note that I am using
    >Windows XP Home. I am sorry for feeling so stupid.
    >Mary
    >

    >"Snøøp¥" <snoopy2004¬THE@CR@P¬blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >>

    >> "M. K." <> wrote in message
    >>> As stated in Subject the option for "Recently used File List" shows as
    >>> gray and the option appears not to be available. What can I do to remedy
    >>> this situation? I have used MSWord for years and am comfortable using it.
    >>> If this option (Recently Used File List "was again available it would be
    >>> a time saver for me. I have not had this problem in the past with other

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Aug 23, 2006