In Defense of Ron Williams

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Roger Johnson, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. In defense of Ron Williams, and I recognize this isn't much of a defense,
    the sweat shop sales model New Horizons utilizes forces unskilled account
    executives to "do what it takes" to drum up business.

    Ron, you might want to check out www.newhorizonssucks.net and see what
    former customers and employees think of the "world's largest" computer
    training company.

    One thing appears to remain constant with this training organization. Their
    focus is clearly on sales and not on education. New Horizons' method of
    opperation is designed to attract unsuspecting and gullable networker or
    programmer wantabes with claims of high five figure incomes once they
    complete technical certification courses. Truth is in today's economy you
    need to have years of experience to reach the promised income level.

    Look, if your really interested in training, stay away from places offering
    to train you in a 5-day format. Truth is, even with as much experience as I
    have, a methodology that tries to stuff way too much information into my
    head in way too short of time, just doesn't work successfully. For those
    seeking to enter this field, I'd recommend looking at your local community
    college. The cost there is generally a fraction of what you will find
    training companies charging you. In many instances you'll find that the
    courses you take can also be used to meet degree requirements at major
    colleges and universities.

    Regards,

    Roger

    Roger Johnson, Aug 18, 2003

  2. "Roger Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > Look, if your really interested in training, stay away from places

    offering
    > to train you in a 5-day format. Truth is, even with as much experience as

    > have, a methodology that tries to stuff way too much information into my
    > head in way too short of time, just doesn't work successfully. For those
    > seeking to enter this field, I'd recommend looking at your local community
    > college. The cost there is generally a fraction of what you will find
    > training companies charging you. In many instances you'll find that the
    > courses you take can also be used to meet degree requirements at major
    > colleges and universities.

    Wiser words were never said.

    --
    Fris "mmmm Adult education" bee® MCNGP #13

    http://www.mcngp.tk
    The MCNGP Team - We're here to help

    =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE_MCNGP?=, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Roger Johnson

    billyw Guest

    bang on..
    couldn't agree more..

    billyw, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Thanks for the kind words. Thanks to BillW also. I found last night that
    Ron Williams posting was, in actuality, a prank. Excellent job to the
    prankster. Providing an email address of for Mr.
    Williams accurately reflects knowledge of New Horizons' San Diego operation.
    Prank or not, the posting gave me an opportunity to provide some insight
    that will hopefully keep unsuspecting people trying to enter IT as a
    profession from falling for the claims that companies like New Horizons
    make.

    Regards,

    Roger

    Roger Johnson, Aug 19, 2003
  5. Roger Johnson

    dpipan Guest

    I'd like to add my agreement to Roger's sentiments about
    boot camps in general. A lot of money to get too much
    information shoved into & right back out of your brain.
    I have had good luck with classes in my local community
    colleges.

    dp

    dpipan, Aug 19, 2003