    The rush to join NIN seems to be an onslaught and the stupid thing is it
    provides a vastly superior service to any of the NZ servers.

    Only hope they dont revise there policy of having an open server.
    Collector_NZ, Oct 20, 2004

  2. Collector_NZ

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > There is a sysadmin who is busy scratching his head and muttering "Got
    > Himle Vhat is it viv kiwis, many users from there, do they have no NNTP
    > servers"
    >
    > The rush to join NIN seems to be an onslaught and the stupid thing is it
    > provides a vastly superior service to any of the NZ servers.
    >
    > Only hope they dont revise there policy of having an open server.

    Yaaa, but not to busy to approve my request :)

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 21, 2004

  3. Collector_NZ

    Ryan_Jacobs Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 11:25:39 +1300, Collector_NZ
    <> provided this moment of wisdom:

    >There is a sysadmin who is busy scratching his head and muttering "Got
    >Himle Vhat is it viv kiwis, many users from there, do they have no NNTP
    >servers"
    >
    >The rush to join NIN seems to be an onslaught and the stupid thing is it
    >provides a vastly superior service to any of the NZ servers.
    >
    >Only hope they dont revise there policy of having an open server.

    Just got my account details. So, I'll be speaking German soon as well
    :)

    /Begin Sig
    Rule #1. RJ is an opinionated asshole.
    Rule #2. RJ is not entirely unlike you.
    Rule #3. RJ recognises & accepts his faults.
    Rule #4. Do you recognise & accept your faults?
    Rule #5. Usenet is not real-life
    Rule #6. Please, don't take everything so seriously
    /End Sig
    Ryan_Jacobs, Oct 21, 2004
  4. Collector_NZ wrote:
    > Only hope they dont revise there policy of having an open server.

    There is someone working on a workaround for that at the moment...
    It may take a wee while though.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 21, 2004
  5. Collector_NZ

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 12:24:32 +1300, Ryan_Jacobs wrote:

    > Just got my account details. So, I'll be speaking German soon as well
    > :)

    There goes the neighbourhood...

    :)

    Cheers
    Anton
    AD., Oct 21, 2004
  6. In article <> in nz.comp on Thu, 21 Oct 2004
    11:25:39 +1300, Collector_NZ <> says...
    > There is a sysadmin who is busy scratching his head and muttering "Got
    > Himle Vhat is it viv kiwis, many users from there, do they have no NNTP
    > servers"
    >
    > The rush to join NIN seems to be an onslaught and the stupid thing is it
    > provides a vastly superior service to any of the NZ servers.

    But no binaries?
    Patrick Dunford, Oct 21, 2004
  7. Collector_NZ

    E. Guest

    Collector_NZ wrote:
    > There is a sysadmin who is busy scratching his head and muttering "Got
    > Himle Vhat is it viv kiwis, many users from there, do they have no NNTP
    > servers"
    >
    > The rush to join NIN seems to be an onslaught and the stupid thing is it
    > provides a vastly superior service to any of the NZ servers.
    >
    > Only hope they dont revise there policy of having an open server.

    Sad that NIN's server farm is only a 15 meter cable length from a german
    based Echelon station huh?
    E.
    E., Oct 21, 2004
  8. Collector_NZ

    ChrisOD Guest

    E. wrote:
    > Collector_NZ wrote:
    >
    >> There is a sysadmin who is busy scratching his head and muttering "Got
    >> Himle Vhat is it viv kiwis, many users from there, do they have no
    >> NNTP servers"
    >>
    >> The rush to join NIN seems to be an onslaught and the stupid thing is
    >> it provides a vastly superior service to any of the NZ servers.
    >>
    >> Only hope they dont revise there policy of having an open server.

    > Sad that NIN's server farm is only a 15 meter cable length from a german
    > based Echelon station huh?
    > E.

    Great satire.

    As if what you post to nntp is private anyway!

    ChrisOD, Oct 21, 2004