    abc Guest

    I am having a difficult time doing this although it should be simple.
    Thanks Microsoft for excluding free software support. any advice?
    abc, Jan 26, 2006

  2. abc

    Gordon Guest

    abc wrote:
    > I am having a difficult time doing this although it should be simple.
    > Thanks Microsoft for excluding free software support. any advice?

    Why on earth are you going from Mozilla to OE in the first place?
    Gordon, Jan 26, 2006

  3. abc

    abc Guest

    Well, not that I want to start getting yelled at but I find OE integrates
    well with winXP. Fast than mozilla. I am using mozilla suite. Mozilla
    Firefox may not have that problem. Also MS has released a bunch of new
    updates and you know how it goes. MS makes things work for MS and everyone
    else has to deal with it. Not very charitable there Mr. Gates. What do you
    think?

    abc, Jan 26, 2006
  4. abc

    Gordon Guest

    abc wrote:
    > Well, not that I want to start getting yelled at but I find OE
    > integrates well with winXP. Fast than mozilla. I am using mozilla
    > suite. Mozilla Firefox may not have that problem. Also MS has
    > released a bunch of new updates and you know how it goes. MS makes
    > things work for MS and everyone else has to deal with it. Not very
    > charitable there Mr. Gates. What do you think?

    Try Thunderbird - much better than OE as it's not as vulnerable. I use
    thunderbird on XP and it's very good. It's also very customisable, with
    extensions (it's even got a good calendar which OE has NOT....) give it a
    try, I think you'll be impressed.
    Gordon, Jan 26, 2006
  5. abc wrote:

    > "Gordon" <> wrote
    >> abc wrote:
    >>> I am having a difficult time doing this although it should be
    >>> simple. Thanks Microsoft for excluding free software support. any
    >>> advice?

    >> Why on earth are you going from Mozilla to OE in the first place?

    > Well, not that I want to start getting yelled at but I find OE
    > integrates well with winXP.

    Of course it integrates with XP; it's part of the operating system.

    > Fast than mozilla. I am using mozilla suite.

    OE faster at what? Starting up? Since part of IE/OE is already loaded
    when you boot up, it will maybe open somewhat faster. Once running, I
    see no difference in Mozilla mail and OE.

    > Mozilla Firefox may not have that problem.

    Mozilla Thunderbird mail and news is a bit faster than the Moz Suite on
    my pc, and operates faster than OE. Why not try Thunderbird for
    yourself?

    > Also MS has released a bunch of new updates and you know how it goes.
    > MS makes things work for MS and everyone else has to deal with it.
    > Not very charitable there Mr. Gates. What do you think?

    MS updates would have little to do with Moz or OE speed.

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 26, 2006
  6. abc

    Todd H. Guest

    "abc" <> writes:
    > Well, not that I want to start getting yelled at but I find OE integrates
    > well with winXP. Fast than mozilla. I am using mozilla suite.

    Mozilla Suite is sort of end of life.

    I'd suggest instead an upgrade from Mozilla Suite to
    Mozilla Firefox + Mozilla Thunderbird.

    Both will automagiclaly import all goodies from Mozilla Suite.

    I would not take a step backwards in security for the sake of a little
    brisker startup.

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., Jan 26, 2006
  7. [see Subject header]

    Hey, my first girlfriend's name was Imprtong. She wasn't from around
    here.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Jan 26, 2006
  8. abc

    abc Guest

    Re: imprtong mozilla mail messages into outlook express + LINUX

    Thanks I'll try it. I've got security covered with mcafee and I crank up
    the windows security but it is still not as easy as mozilla on many levels.
    And a calendar would be nice. when will linux replace windows in the
    business world.....Never?

    abc, Jan 26, 2006