    view wireless connections and click to connect it. Did something happen?
    --
    Thanks for taking the time.

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=, Dec 6, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Wireless Bridging: http://www.ezlan.net/bridging1.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Larry" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there a way to improve my wireless signal strength in my house. There

    are

    Jack, Dec 7, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

    Papa Guest

    You might try one of the better antennas available now at many computer
    stores. They won't increase signal strength, but the received signal will be
    more likely to get through.

    Papa, Dec 9, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

    Ziggy Guest

    I was wondering if manipulating the antenas on my router would make a
    difference? It's advised to keep them in the upright position, but I have
    10-foot ceilings in this old place and 8-foot door frames and the signal has
    to reach around doorways and down a short hallway.

    I actually found a better signal to the adapter with my antenas tilted
    toward the door and the adapter antena tilted slightly toward the incoming
    signal.

    Or is it just my imagination? ;)

    Thanks.....

    Zig

    --
    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

    If you can read this, thank a teacher.

    If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran.
    --Anon

    _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

    Ziggy, Dec 11, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

    Malke Guest

    Ziggy wrote:

    > I was wondering if manipulating the antenas on my router would make a
    > difference? It's advised to keep them in the upright position, but I
    > have 10-foot ceilings in this old place and 8-foot door frames and the
    > signal has to reach around doorways and down a short hallway.
    >
    > I actually found a better signal to the adapter with my antenas tilted
    > toward the door and the adapter antena tilted slightly toward the
    > incoming signal.
    >
    > Or is it just my imagination? ;)
    >
    > Thanks.....
    >
    > Zig

    It probably isn't your imagination. Old houses were built pretty
    solidly, too. You might look into getting a directional antenna
    booster. Another thing that can work is putting the router up higher,
    not under a desk for instance.

    Malke
    --
    MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
    Elephant Boy Computers

    Malke, Dec 11, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnk=?=

    mikeFNB Guest

    you might find some joy in using a relector
    it certainly worked for me.

    mike

    "Ziggy" <> wrote in message
    > I was wondering if manipulating the antenas on my router would make a
    > difference? It's advised to keep them in the upright position, but I have
    > 10-foot ceilings in this old place and 8-foot door frames and the signal

    has
    > to reach around doorways and down a short hallway.
    >
    > I actually found a better signal to the adapter with my antenas tilted
    > toward the door and the adapter antena tilted slightly toward the incoming
    > signal.
    >
    > Or is it just my imagination? ;)
    >
    > Thanks.....
    >
    > Zig
    >
    > --
    > _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
    >
    > If you can read this, thank a teacher.
    >
    > If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran.
    > --Anon

    > "Papa" <> wrote in message
    > > You might try one of the better antennas available now at many computer
    > > stores. They won't increase signal strength, but the received signal

    will
    > > be more likely to get through.

    ---

    mikeFNB, Dec 11, 2004