Improving composition

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mmyvusenet, Sep 15, 2011.

  1. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    mmyvusenet, Sep 15, 2011

  2. mmyvusenet

    Bruce Guest

    "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote:
    >"mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> The last weekend I took this photo:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6139275796/
    >>
    >> Perhaps even the composition can be improved.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.

    >Nope, composition is fine. Just might have been a little closer to the
    >horses so they would be more prominent in the photo. They are the main
    >attraction and a great foreground object for the scene to play against.

    There's a man who knows all there is to know about composition.

    Bruce, Sep 16, 2011

  3. mmyvusenet

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:44:14 -0700, "Frank S" <> wrote:
    :
    : "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message
    : news:22zcq.444068$...
    : >
    : > "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : >> Hello:
    : >>
    : >> The last weekend I took this photo:
    : >>
    : >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6139275796/
    : >>
    : >> Perhaps even the composition can be improved.
    : >>
    : >> Thanks for your comments.
    : >
    : > Nope, composition is fine. Just might have been a little closer to the
    : > horses so they would be more prominent in the photo. They are the main
    : > attraction and a great foreground object for the scene to play against.
    : >
    : >
    :
    : I would make a greater effort to have vertical people and objects
    : near the center of the scene be more true to vertical. Distortion
    : at the edges of the scene may be camera- or lens-related; those
    : at the center are the responsibility of the camera-driver.

    Yes, and the picture cries out for fill flash, aimed at the rider of the
    nearer horse. His face is uttelly lost against the black background of the
    building.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Sep 18, 2011
  4. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    noticias:22zcq.444068$...

    >> Hello:
    >>
    >> The last weekend I took this photo:
    >>
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6139275796/
    >>
    >> Perhaps even the composition can be improved.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your comments.

    > Nope, composition is fine. Just might have been a little closer to the
    > horses so they would be more prominent in the photo. They are the main
    > attraction and a great foreground object for the scene to play against.
    >
    > Gary Eickmeier

    Hello Gary, I took this photo more closely:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6163489303/

    Thanks for your comment, very interesting,

    MMYV

    mmyvusenet, Sep 22, 2011
  5. mmyvusenet

    mmyvusenet Guest

    "Robert Coe" escribió en el mensaje de
    noticias:eek:...

    On Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:44:14 -0700, "Frank S" <> wrote:
    :
    : "Gary Eickmeier" <> wrote in message
    : news:22zcq.444068$...
    : >
    : > "mmyvusenet" <> wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : >> Hello:
    : >>
    : >> The last weekend I took this photo:
    : >>
    : >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6139275796/
    : >>
    : >> Perhaps even the composition can be improved.
    : >>
    : >> Thanks for your comments.
    : >
    : > Nope, composition is fine. Just might have been a little closer to the
    : > horses so they would be more prominent in the photo. They are the main
    : > attraction and a great foreground object for the scene to play against.
    : >
    : >
    :
    : I would make a greater effort to have vertical people and objects
    : near the center of the scene be more true to vertical. Distortion
    : at the edges of the scene may be camera- or lens-related; those
    : at the center are the responsibility of the camera-driver.

    > Yes, and the picture cries out for fill flash, aimed at the rider of the
    > nearer horse. His face is uttelly lost against the black background of the
    > building.
    >
    > Bob

    Bob and Frank, thanks for your comments, this is much closer:

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mmyv/6164184305/

    I always try to improve these photos.

    MMYV

    mmyvusenet, Sep 22, 2011