    major in electrical engineering
    mechanized infantry reservist
    dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Mar 20, 2007

  2. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Bates Guest

    On Mar 20, 9:09 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>
    wrote:
    > I have the Canon Pixma iP 4300 for more than 3 months.I was using
    > exclusively HP paper with it(4 X 5"), the highest quality, 17 euros for 100
    > sheets with a 128 MB USB stick for free...But the photos came up grainy,
    > like a Tmax 3200 negative push processed to iso 12800 with D-76...My sister
    > bought me some canon photo paper plus glossy, 4 euros for 40 sheets (4 X 5
    > ")and the photos came up perfect, to see some grain you have to touch your
    > nose to the print.(Of course the paper is made in japan, too)..So, it's a
    > good printer after all.So, maybe you have to match the printer to the paper?
    >
    > --
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > major in electrical engineering
    > mechanized infantry reservist
    > dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    I'm a big fan of the Canon paper too, however, here in Canada at
    least, the paper from Costo (Kirkland) is amazing stuff and quite a
    bit cheaper. You gett 125 sheets of 8.5x11" paper for around $20CDN.
    I belive from comparing it, that it is probably actually Ilford paper
    (it is made in Switzerland). The 4x6 paper is not as good but still
    decent (made in US so probably another supplier) and I hear that
    Costco may switch the larger paper to the US supplier soon - but for
    now, all the paper is still from Switzerland and it is really
    excellent. That's on my Canon i960.

    Bates.....

    Bates, Mar 20, 2007

  3. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    plb49 Guest

    On Mar 20, 9:41 am, "Bates" <> wrote:
    > On Mar 20, 9:09 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I have the Canon Pixma iP 4300 for more than 3 months.I was using
    > > exclusively HP paper with it(4 X 5"), the highest quality, 17 euros for 100
    > > sheets with a 128 MB USB stick for free...But the photos came up grainy,
    > > like a Tmax 3200 negative push processed to iso 12800 with D-76...My sister
    > > bought me some canon photo paper plus glossy, 4 euros for 40 sheets (4 X 5
    > > ")and the photos came up perfect, to see some grain you have to touch your
    > > nose to the print.(Of course the paper is made in japan, too)..So, it's a
    > > good printer after all.So, maybe you have to match the printer to the paper?

    > > --
    > > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > > major in electrical engineering
    > > mechanized infantry reservist
    > > dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    > I'm a big fan of the Canon paper too, however, here in Canada at
    > least, the paper from Costo (Kirkland) is amazing stuff and quite a
    > bit cheaper. You gett 125 sheets of 8.5x11" paper for around $20CDN.
    > I belive from comparing it, that it is probably actually Ilford paper
    > (it is made in Switzerland). The 4x6 paper is not as good but still
    > decent (made in US so probably another supplier) and I hear that
    > Costco may switch the larger paper to the US supplier soon - but for
    > now, all the paper is still from Switzerland and it is really
    > excellent. That's on my Canon i960.
    >
    > Bates.....

    I also like the Kirkland paper, which my employer buys for my i960; at
    home I use, and see no difference in, Ilford paper from Sam's club in
    my IP4000.

    Paul B.

    plb49, Mar 20, 2007
  4. On 20 Mar 2007 06:41:34 -0700, "Bates" <> wrote:

    >On Mar 20, 9:09 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>
    >wrote:
    >> I have the Canon Pixma iP 4300 for more than 3 months.I was using
    >> exclusively HP paper with it(4 X 5"), the highest quality, 17 euros for 100
    >> sheets with a 128 MB USB stick for free...But the photos came up grainy,
    >> like a Tmax 3200 negative push processed to iso 12800 with D-76...My sister
    >> bought me some canon photo paper plus glossy, 4 euros for 40 sheets (4 X 5
    >> ")and the photos came up perfect, to see some grain you have to touch your
    >> nose to the print.(Of course the paper is made in japan, too)..So, it's a
    >> good printer after all.So, maybe you have to match the printer to the paper?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    >> major in electrical engineering
    >> mechanized infantry reservist
    >> dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    >I'm a big fan of the Canon paper too, however, here in Canada at
    >least, the paper from Costo (Kirkland) is amazing stuff and quite a
    >bit cheaper. You gett 125 sheets of 8.5x11" paper for around $20CDN.
    >I belive from comparing it, that it is probably actually Ilford paper
    >(it is made in Switzerland). The 4x6 paper is not as good but still
    >decent (made in US so probably another supplier) and I hear that
    >Costco may switch the larger paper to the US supplier soon - but for
    >now, all the paper is still from Switzerland and it is really
    >excellent. That's on my Canon i960.
    >
    >Bates.....

    The Swiss Costco paper is gone. It probably was Ilford as it printed
    great with the Ilford Smooth Gloss profile for my printer. I haven't
    been able to find out who is making the new Costco paper. I hope it's
    not Kodak.

    Oliver Costich, Mar 20, 2007
  5. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Bates Guest

    On Mar 20, 3:52 pm, Oliver Costich <> wrote:
    > On 20 Mar 2007 06:41:34 -0700, "Bates" <> wrote:
    >

    > >On Mar 20, 9:09 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>
    > >wrote:
    > >> I have the Canon Pixma iP 4300 for more than 3 months.I was using
    > >> exclusively HP paper with it(4 X 5"), the highest quality, 17 euros for 100
    > >> sheets with a 128 MB USB stick for free...But the photos came up grainy,
    > >> like a Tmax 3200 negative push processed to iso 12800 with D-76...My sister
    > >> bought me some canon photo paper plus glossy, 4 euros for 40 sheets (4 X 5
    > >> ")and the photos came up perfect, to see some grain you have to touch your
    > >> nose to the print.(Of course the paper is made in japan, too)..So, it's a
    > >> good printer after all.So, maybe you have to match the printer to the paper?

    > >> --
    > >> Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > >> major in electrical engineering
    > >> mechanized infantry reservist
    > >> dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    > >I'm a big fan of the Canon paper too, however, here in Canada at
    > >least, the paper from Costo (Kirkland) is amazing stuff and quite a
    > >bit cheaper. You gett 125 sheets of 8.5x11" paper for around $20CDN.
    > >I belive from comparing it, that it is probably actually Ilford paper
    > >(it is made in Switzerland). The 4x6 paper is not as good but still
    > >decent (made in US so probably another supplier) and I hear that
    > >Costco may switch the larger paper to the US supplier soon - but for
    > >now, all the paper is still from Switzerland and it is really
    > >excellent. That's on my Canon i960.

    > >Bates.....

    > The Swiss Costco paper is gone. It probably was Ilford as it printed
    > great with the Ilford Smooth Gloss profile for my printer. I haven't
    > been able to find out who is making the new Costco paper. I hope it's
    > not Kodak.

    I heard that too - but here in Canada (well Toronto at least) it's
    still the Swiss stuff (just bought 6 boxes in case the rumours are
    true though....)

    Bates.....

    Bates, Mar 21, 2007
  6. Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

    Morton Guest

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios wrote:
    > I have the Canon Pixma iP 4300 for more than 3 months.I was using
    > exclusively HP paper with it(4 X 5"), the highest quality, 17 euros for 100
    > sheets with a 128 MB USB stick for free...But the photos came up grainy,
    > like a Tmax 3200 negative push processed to iso 12800 with D-76...My sister
    > bought me some canon photo paper plus glossy, 4 euros for 40 sheets (4 X 5
    > ")and the photos came up perfect, to see some grain you have to touch your
    > nose to the print.(Of course the paper is made in japan, too)..So, it's a
    > good printer after all.So, maybe you have to match the printer to the paper?
    >

    > --
    > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > major in electrical engineering
    > mechanized infantry reservist
    > dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    Here in the USA, I use HP Premium Plus paper with my HP 8200 printer,
    buying only the boxes marked Switzerland. The Boxes marked USA contain
    paper that is not as good as the Swiss stuff.
    Whatever paper you use, keep in mind that only inkjet papers with a
    thick ink-absorbing resin layer have longterm stability and fade resistance.

    Good luck.

    Morton

    Morton, Mar 21, 2007
  7. ? "plb49" <> ?????? ??? ??????
    > On Mar 20, 9:41 am, "Bates" <> wrote:
    > > On Mar 20, 9:09 am, "Tzortzakakis Dimitrios" <>
    > > wrote:
    > >
    > > > I have the Canon Pixma iP 4300 for more than 3 months.I was using
    > > > exclusively HP paper with it(4 X 5"), the highest quality, 17 euros

    for 100
    > > > sheets with a 128 MB USB stick for free...But the photos came up

    grainy,
    > > > like a Tmax 3200 negative push processed to iso 12800 with D-76...My

    sister
    > > > bought me some canon photo paper plus glossy, 4 euros for 40 sheets (4

    X 5
    > > > ")and the photos came up perfect, to see some grain you have to touch

    your
    > > > nose to the print.(Of course the paper is made in japan, too)..So,

    it's a
    > > > good printer after all.So, maybe you have to match the printer to the

    paper?

    > > > --
    > > > Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
    > > > major in electrical engineering
    > > > mechanized infantry reservist
    > > > dimtzort AT otenet DOT gr

    > > I'm a big fan of the Canon paper too, however, here in Canada at
    > > least, the paper from Costo (Kirkland) is amazing stuff and quite a
    > > bit cheaper. You gett 125 sheets of 8.5x11" paper for around $20CDN.
    > > I belive from comparing it, that it is probably actually Ilford paper
    > > (it is made in Switzerland). The 4x6 paper is not as good but still
    > > decent (made in US so probably another supplier) and I hear that
    > > Costco may switch the larger paper to the US supplier soon - but for
    > > now, all the paper is still from Switzerland and it is really
    > > excellent. That's on my Canon i960.
    > >
    > > Bates.....

    > I also like the Kirkland paper, which my employer buys for my i960; at
    > home I use, and see no difference in, Ilford paper from Sam's club in
    > my IP4000.
    >
    > Paul B.

    I also like some Felix Schoeller "Compu color"A4 german paper, which cost 25
    euros for 50 sheets, and is quite nice.

    Tzortzakakis Dimitrios, Mar 21, 2007