    half-pressed shutter until focusing was done, while now picture normally
    shows whie focusing...
    nice!!!
    SleeperMan, Jul 25, 2004

  2. SleeperMan

    Rick Guest

    "SleeperMan" <> wrote in message news:rgLMc.561$...
    > Am i stupid enough that i forgot or is it focusing improved with new S1
    > firmware? If i remember correct, with FW1.0.0.0 picture was frozen when you
    > half-pressed shutter until focusing was done, while now picture normally
    > shows whie focusing...
    > nice!!!

    Here's your answer:
    http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/FIRM/firm_qa2004-e.html

    Rick
    Rick, Jul 25, 2004

  3. SleeperMan

    WhaleShark Guest

    SleeperMan wrote:

    > Am i stupid enough that i forgot or is it focusing improved with new S1
    > firmware? If i remember correct, with FW1.0.0.0 picture was frozen when
    > you half-pressed shutter until focusing was done, while now picture
    > normally shows whie focusing...
    > nice!!!

    The whole idea of the firmware upgrade was to fix that and one other
    small problem. What I would like to know is which focus "mode" works
    best, the continuous mode or 'single' mode?

    --

    QUIPd 1.02: (479 of 679)
    -> A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

    My photo albums: http://www.pbase.com/sny
    WhaleShark, Jul 25, 2004
  4. SleeperMan

    Rick Guest

    "WhaleShark" <> wrote in message news:...
    > SleeperMan wrote:
    >
    > > Am i stupid enough that i forgot or is it focusing improved with new S1
    > > firmware? If i remember correct, with FW1.0.0.0 picture was frozen when
    > > you half-pressed shutter until focusing was done, while now picture
    > > normally shows whie focusing...
    > > nice!!!

    > The whole idea of the firmware upgrade was to fix that and one other
    > small problem. What I would like to know is which focus "mode" works
    > best, the continuous mode or 'single' mode?

    As far as accuracy goes I haven't noticed any difference
    between the two modes. But single mode saves battery
    power, as well as wear and tear on the lens mechanism.

    Rick
    Rick, Jul 25, 2004
  5. SleeperMan

    SleeperMan Guest

    Rick typed:

    > "WhaleShark" <> wrote in message
    >> SleeperMan wrote:
    >>
    >>> Am i stupid enough that i forgot or is it focusing improved with
    >>> new S1 firmware? If i remember correct, with FW1.0.0.0 picture was
    >>> frozen when you half-pressed shutter until focusing was done, while
    >>> now picture normally shows whie focusing...
    >>> nice!!!

    >> The whole idea of the firmware upgrade was to fix that and one other
    >> small problem. What I would like to know is which focus "mode" works
    >> best, the continuous mode or 'single' mode?

    > As far as accuracy goes I haven't noticed any difference
    > between the two modes. But single mode saves battery
    > power, as well as wear and tear on the lens mechanism.
    >
    > Rick

    True, accuray is not effected, maybe focusing is a bit faster if continous
    mode is on, since focusing is done even before you half-press shutter. On
    the other hand, you're right about mechanism and batteries.
    SleeperMan, Jul 25, 2004