    also like all the call back type features in voiphone, and the fact they
    have peering arrangements etc.

    Mark
    flibble, Aug 22, 2005

  2. flibble

    Sean Guest

    flibble wrote:
    > Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?
    >
    > I really just want a primary phone provider for my uni campus accomodation
    > next year with our 34Meg broadband. I would go with Vonage, but I would feel
    > a bit locked in, and I don't expect we will make £10 of calls a month. I
    > also like all the call back type features in voiphone, and the fact they
    > have peering arrangements etc.
    >
    > Mark

    I don't use them that much, but calls have been ok when i have used them.

    I don't know how to set a geo number as prestentation number..... :(
    Sean, Aug 22, 2005

  3. flibble

    Guest

    On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 14:52:26 +0100, "flibble"
    <> wrote:

    >Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?

    Can't fault them every bit has good has Vonage in most respects .
    , Aug 22, 2005
  4. flibble

    flibble Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message
    > flibble wrote:
    >> Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?
    >>
    >> <Snip>
    >>

    > I don't use them that much, but calls have been ok when i have used them.
    >
    > I don't know how to set a geo number as prestentation number..... :(

    Uuh, do you mean one that you had purchased from them?

    That would be quite important to me, anyone else managed to do that?
    flibble, Aug 22, 2005
  5. Sean wrote:
    > flibble wrote:
    > > Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?
    > >
    > > I really just want a primary phone provider for my uni campus accomodation
    > > next year with our 34Meg broadband. I would go with Vonage, but I wouldfeel
    > > a bit locked in, and I don't expect we will make £10 of calls a month.. I
    > > also like all the call back type features in voiphone, and the fact they
    > > have peering arrangements etc.
    > >
    > > Mark
    > >

    > I don't use them that much, but calls have been ok when i have used them.
    >
    > I don't know how to set a geo number as prestentation number..... :(

    I have been using Voipfone for quite a while now for both my home and
    business calls and they have been faultless and they seem to be on top
    of things too they seem to be adding new features almost weekly

    Also mark I needed my geo number set on the cli I just mailed them and
    it was done almost instantly

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Aug 22, 2005
  6. flibble

    Guest

    flibble wrote:
    > Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?
    >
    > I really just want a primary phone provider for my uni campus accomodation
    > next year with our 34Meg broadband. I would go with Vonage, but I would feel
    > a bit locked in, and I don't expect we will make £10 of calls a month. I
    > also like all the call back type features in voiphone, and the fact they
    > have peering arrangements etc.
    >
    > Mark

    Voipfone are cool been using the xlite but have just ordered a plug and
    go sipura from them today and thats good for me because i cant even set
    up dvd player

    Danny Da Idiot
    , Aug 22, 2005
  7. flibble

    Tony Stock Guest

    wrote:
    > flibble wrote:
    > > Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?
    > >
    > > I really just want a primary phone provider for my uni campus accomodation
    > > next year with our 34Meg broadband. I would go with Vonage, but I wouldfeel
    > > a bit locked in, and I don't expect we will make £10 of calls a month.. I
    > > also like all the call back type features in voiphone, and the fact they
    > > have peering arrangements etc.
    > >
    > > Mark

    > Voipfone are cool been using the xlite but have just ordered a plug and
    > go sipura from them today and thats good for me because i cant even set
    > up dvd player
    >
    > Danny Da Idiot

    What do you mean "have just ordered a plug and go Sipura" what's the
    difference between this and a normal Sipura ?

    Tony S
    Tony Stock, Aug 22, 2005
  8. >
    > What do you mean "have just ordered a plug and go Sipura" what's the
    > difference between this and a normal Sipura ?
    >
    > Tony S

    the device is the same but voipfone dispatch everything already set up
    for you to use you dont need to mess around with anything

    like they say you just plug and go have a look at the link
    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/shop.php

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Aug 22, 2005
  9. flibble

    Tony Stock Guest

    Mathew Curtis wrote:

    > > What do you mean "have just ordered a plug and go Sipura" what's the
    > > difference between this and a normal Sipura ?
    > >
    > > Tony S

    > the device is the same but voipfone dispatch everything already set up
    > for you to use you dont need to mess around with anything
    >
    > like they say you just plug and go have a look at the link
    > http://www.voipfone.co.uk/shop.php
    >
    > Mat

    you mean like vonage do?

    Tony S
    Tony Stock, Aug 22, 2005
  10. flibble

    flibble Guest

    "Tony Stock" <> wrote in message

    > Mathew Curtis wrote:
    >> >
    >> > What do you mean "have just ordered a plug and go Sipura" what's the
    >> > difference between this and a normal Sipura ?
    >> >
    >> > Tony S

    >> the device is the same but voipfone dispatch everything already set up
    >> for you to use you dont need to mess around with anything
    >>
    >> like they say you just plug and go have a look at the link
    >> http://www.voipfone.co.uk/shop.php
    >>
    >> Mat

    > you mean like vonage do?
    >
    > Tony S

    The one difference I know of is that voipfone say you are welcome to mess
    with the settings afterwards, which is understandable given that the
    equipment isn't free like vonage's is.

    Mark
    flibble, Aug 22, 2005
  11. Tony Stock wrote:
    > Mathew Curtis wrote:
    > > >
    > > > What do you mean "have just ordered a plug and go Sipura" what's the
    > > > difference between this and a normal Sipura ?
    > > >
    > > > Tony S

    > > the device is the same but voipfone dispatch everything already set up
    > > for you to use you dont need to mess around with anything
    > >
    > > like they say you just plug and go have a look at the link
    > > http://www.voipfone.co.uk/shop.php
    > >
    > > Mat

    > you mean like vonage do?
    >
    > Tony S

    Well yes sort of except with voipfone once you have paid you own the
    hardware your not tied in to any contract or monthly charges unless you
    want to be and the hardware is not locked down so you can use it with
    another provider if you want to i am going to be ordering another snom
    if my card is not maxed out.......

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Aug 22, 2005
  12. flibble

    Mark Adamson Guest

    ean wrote:
    > flibble wrote:
    > > Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?
    > >

    > I have been using Voipfone for quite a while now for both my home and
    > business calls and they have been faultless and they seem to be on top
    > of things too they seem to be adding new features almost weekly
    >
    > Also mark I needed my geo number set on the cli I just mailed them and
    > it was done almost instantly
    >
    > Mat

    Thanks, they do give the impression of desiring to give their customers the
    best product and service, which is always a nice change when I am used to
    dealing with bulldog, NTL etc...

    Mark
    Mark Adamson, Aug 22, 2005
  13. flibble wrote:
    > Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?
    >
    > I really just want a primary phone provider for my uni campus accomodation
    > next year with our 34Meg broadband. I would go with Vonage, but I would feel
    > a bit locked in, and I don't expect we will make £10 of calls a month. I
    > also like all the call back type features in voiphone, and the fact they
    > have peering arrangements etc.
    >
    > Mark

    I just had my sipgate number transferred to voipfone today. My
    impressions so far are that they are very professional, technical
    support queries get answered extremely quickly, (minutes) and call
    quality is excellent.

    With sipgate I could hear echoes of my voice about half to one second
    later, there is always an annoying pause before I am connected after I
    answer the phone, and their voicemail and error messages can't decide on
    english or german. None of these things happens with voipfone.

    Voipfone's website looks better and they also provide familiar services
    like 1471 and 1571.

    All in all, very impressed.

    I was shocked to find that when voipfone requested my number from
    sipgate, sipgate made no security checks and no attempt to contact me.
    Anyone could have transferred my number away!

    Steve.
    Steven Sumpter, Aug 22, 2005
  14. > Thanks, they do give the impression of desiring to give their customers the
    > best product and service,

    yes they seem to be working on improving the service all the time and
    for me its perfect although one thing that they don't seem to have is
    auto top up of calling credit this would be really handy because then I
    will never run out of credit or minutes I was speaking to a customer
    today when my credit ran out can be rather embarrassing

    > which is always a nice change when I am used to
    > dealing with bulldog, NTL etc...
    >
    > Mark

    ha ha ha oh yes I think everyone knows that feeling

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Aug 22, 2005
  15. flibble

    r_mervart Guest

    "Steven Sumpter" <> wrote in message
    > flibble wrote:
    > > Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?

    > I just had my sipgate number transferred to voipfone today. My
    > impressions so far are that they are very professional, technical
    > support queries get answered extremely quickly, (minutes) and call
    > quality is excellent.

    Do you know if it is possible to have a "simultaneous ring" list and if yes
    will they let you add non-UK numbers to the list ?
    Roman
    r_mervart, Aug 22, 2005
  16. r_mervart wrote:
    > "Steven Sumpter" <> wrote in message
    > > flibble wrote:
    > > > Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?

    > > I just had my sipgate number transferred to voipfone today. My
    > > impressions so far are that they are very professional, technical
    > > support queries get answered extremely quickly, (minutes) and call
    > > quality is excellent.
    > >

    > Do you know if it is possible to have a "simultaneous ring" list and if yes
    > will they let you add non-UK numbers to the list ?
    > Roman

    this can be done with the virtual PBX
    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Virtual_PBX.php you just set a divert on
    the extension number you want to go to an international number you can
    even set a divert to another provider if voipfone peer with them

    Mat
    Mathew Curtis, Aug 22, 2005
  17. flibble

    Lee Guest

    "flibble" <> wrote in message
    > Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?
    >
    > I really just want a primary phone provider for my uni campus accomodation
    > next year with our 34Meg broadband. I would go with Vonage, but I would
    > feel a bit locked in, and I don't expect we will make £10 of calls a
    > month. I also like all the call back type features in voiphone, and the
    > fact they have peering arrangements etc.
    >
    > Mark

    Have been using them since May. No problems. Support [for internal firewall
    issues - not Voipfone service related] was very good.

    No monthly line charges. No minimum contract. They set my CLI to my main
    incoming geog number.

    Cannot fault them really.

    Lee, Aug 22, 2005
  18. flibble

    Mark Adamson Guest

    > best product and service, which is always a nice change when I am used to
    > dealing with bulldog, NTL etc...
    >
    > Mark

    I feel I should add fasthosts to my grrr list, after they bounced emails to
    my domain for 2 weeks rather than kindly asking me to delete a non-linked
    but legal file.
    Mark Adamson, Aug 22, 2005
  19. flibble

    Tony Stock Guest

    flibble wrote:
    > Has anyone got any good, bad experiences of voipphone?
    >
    > I really just want a primary phone provider for my uni campus accomodation
    > next year with our 34Meg broadband. I would go with Vonage, but I would feel
    > a bit locked in, and I don't expect we will make £10 of calls a month. I
    > also like all the call back type features in voiphone, and the fact they
    > have peering arrangements etc.
    >
    > Mark

    Been reading the posts on here and I have been convinced I just signed
    up with Voipfone and got everything all set up and working in about 2
    minutes and I have just made my first calls and I am very very
    impressed can anyone tell me what benefits I will get if I buy one of
    the plug and go things?

    Tony S
    Tony Stock, Aug 22, 2005
  20. flibble

    Oldie Guest

    On 22 Aug 2005 07:00:09 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    <> wrote:

    (earlier parts of the thread snipped)

    >I have been using Voipfone for quite a while now for both my home and
    >business calls and they have been faultless and they seem to be on top
    >of things too they seem to be adding new features almost weekly
    >
    >Also mark I needed my geo number set on the cli I just mailed them and
    >it was done almost instantly
    >
    >Mat

    Me too; they set my geographical CLI immediately I emailed them
    requesting it. I also had some other small issues and they responded
    very quickly with a solution. I was so pleased that I signed for a fax
    number as well. I'm pleased with that too.

    Oldie
    Oldie, Aug 22, 2005