Impresions on Net2Phone thru Communitech

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Heywood, Jan 22, 2005.

  1. Heywood

    Heywood Guest

    Just thought I would share some info on Net2phone using Communitech
    www.communitech.com

    Ist off forget there free softphone from Net2phone itself.....poor
    quality.

    However I purchased an IPPhone ( Made by D-Link and locked to
    net2phone) from communitech (fully featured phone for $139 including
    $20 service credit) It has handsfree dialing, memory dial, hold etc.
    It will even give you your account balance. I had the original
    firmware but recently upgraded to a newer version thru the phone
    itself (an option on the menu). The new firmware increased the quality
    to pretty much landline quality most of the time.

    Anyway...no minimum monthly fees, you simply purchase time from
    Communitech and then draw from it like a calling card. The cost is 2.5
    cents per minute in the US and comparable costs internationally.
    Cheapest amount of time to buy is $25...Since I am only an occasional
    user, it goes a long way!

    If you do not need virtual Phone numbers etc...Communitec's Net2phone
    is pretty good and less demanding on your wallet and no contracts..I
    do not work for either company BTW.

    One thing to be careful of. If you buy time from Net2phone itself, it
    cannot be used with the communitech hardware and vice versa....Wierd
    but that is the way it works!

    jeff

    Heywood, Jan 22, 2005