    create a full working image which I can mount with an optical media
    emulator as a virtual drive).

    I'm curious, please enwisdom me!

    Charles Self, Feb 15, 2008

  2. Charles Self

    RL Guest

    Charles Self wrote:
    > Supplementary question: is there a program which can create a full,
    > 1:1 image of a DVD that presevers all the links? (NB I'm aware of the
    > many DVD ripper-shrinker programs, I'm looking for a software that can
    > create a full working image which I can mount with an optical media
    > emulator as a virtual drive).

    Any software capable of creating an ISO images will do. ImgBurn, dd,
    WinImage, and countless other programmes can do this. In fact, I've done
    this with a two-line C programme myself.

    If you want to shrink or remove copy protection on the other hand, then
    I cannot assist.

    RL

    RL, Feb 16, 2008

  3. Charles Self

    Gilgamesh Guest

    "Charles Self" <> wrote in message
    > When I image a Video-DVD 1:1 to hard disk I find that the menus don't
    > work anymore, that I can't switch between languages and subtitles
    > etc. I can start the individual clips but the links between them seem
    > to be lost.
    > Am I right in assuming that the reason for this is that the Video-DVD
    > format refers to files not logically but by their exact sectors?

    No I don't think you are right
    I have many ISO DVD images that when I burn them to a disk they work fine,
    but when I load them onto a virtual drive I have exactly the same issue you
    do. I would suggest it is a virtual drive problem.

    Gilgamesh, Feb 16, 2008
  4. Charles Self

    Charles Self Guest

    On 16 Feb., 09:51, "Gilgamesh" <> wrote:
    > No I don't think you are right
    > I have many ISO DVD images that when I burn them to a disk they work fine,
    > but when I load them onto a virtual drive I have exactly the same issue you
    > do. I would suggest it is a virtual drive problem.

    Hm, peculiar ... thanks for describing your experiences.

    Charles Self, Feb 19, 2008
  5. Charles Self

    Charles Self Guest

    On 16 Feb., 09:51, "Gilgamesh" <> wrote:
    > No I don't think you are right
    > I have many ISO DVD images that when I burn them to a disk they work fine,
    > but when I load them onto a virtual drive I have exactly the same issue you
    > do. I would suggest it is a virtual drive problem.

    In my case it also seems to be a problem with my video player, VLC,
    which doesn't "do" the menues. The same DVD plays OK, with working
    menues, in my stanalone player.

    Charles Self, Feb 21, 2008