    have currently are 7 folders worth of email that I want to import into
    Outlook. Thanks.
    , Aug 28, 2006

  2. Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Wrote The Following:
    > Does anyone know how to import your Yahoo folders/emails into Outlook.
    > I found a program called YPOPS that I think will do it but I'm having
    > trouble understanding their interface.
    >
    > I'm not talking about forwarding or downloading my Yahoo email. What I
    > have currently are 7 folders worth of email that I want to import into
    > Outlook. Thanks.

    Complete instructions are available on the Yahoo web site. Good Luck

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Aug 28, 2006

  3. Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:
    > Without Any Hesitation, Wrote The Following:
    > > Does anyone know how to import your Yahoo folders/emails into Outlook.
    > > I found a program called YPOPS that I think will do it but I'm having
    > > trouble understanding their interface.
    > >
    > > I'm not talking about forwarding or downloading my Yahoo email. What I
    > > have currently are 7 folders worth of email that I want to import into
    > > Outlook. Thanks.
    > >

    > Complete instructions are available on the Yahoo web site. Good Luck
    >
    > --
    > Old Gringo
    > Just West Of Nowhere
    > Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    > http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

    I'm not using a paid version of Yahoo and I can't find any links to the
    instructions. Can you copy/paste the URL for me? Thanks.
    , Aug 28, 2006
  4. Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Wrote The Following:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >> Without Any Hesitation, Wrote The Following:
    >>> Does anyone know how to import your Yahoo folders/emails into Outlook.
    >>> I found a program called YPOPS that I think will do it but I'm having
    >>> trouble understanding their interface.
    >>>
    >>> I'm not talking about forwarding or downloading my Yahoo email. What I
    >>> have currently are 7 folders worth of email that I want to import into
    >>> Outlook. Thanks.
    >>>

    >> Complete instructions are available on the Yahoo web site. Good Luck
    >>
    >> --
    >> Old Gringo
    >> Just West Of Nowhere
    >> Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    >> http://www.Nuboy-Industries.Com

    > I'm not using a paid version of Yahoo and I can't find any links to the
    > instructions. Can you copy/paste the URL for me? Thanks.

    Folders can not be moved, only content. Move the content back to the
    inbox and retrieve them with outlook. Set up your folders in advance
    to place them in after retrieval.

    Old Gringo, Aug 28, 2006
  5. Guest

    > Folders can not be moved, only content. Move the content back to the
    > inbox and retrieve them with outlook. Set up your folders in advance
    > to place them in after retrieval.

    That makes sense. However, when I start outlook and want to do an
    Import I don't get the option of importing from Yahoo. I get a few
    other options to import from but none that I can use for Yahoo. What
    am I missing here?
    , Aug 28, 2006
  6. Guest

    wrote:
    > > Folders can not be moved, only content. Move the content back to the
    > > inbox and retrieve them with outlook. Set up your folders in advance
    > > to place them in after retrieval.
    > >

    > That makes sense. However, when I start outlook and want to do an
    > Import I don't get the option of importing from Yahoo. I get a few
    > other options to import from but none that I can use for Yahoo. What
    > am I missing here?

    OK...I got it to work. However, the only problem is that Yahoo doesn't
    keep the messages after they've been downloaded. Thanks for the help.
    , Aug 29, 2006
  7. Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Wrote The Following:
    >> Folders can not be moved, only content. Move the content back to the
    >> inbox and retrieve them with outlook. Set up your folders in advance
    >> to place them in after retrieval.
    >>

    > That makes sense. However, when I start outlook and want to do an
    > Import I don't get the option of importing from Yahoo. I get a few
    > other options to import from but none that I can use for Yahoo. What
    > am I missing here?

    Set an account in Outlook to retrieve email from Yahoo. Move email
    in folders at Yahoo to the inbox, mark them as unread. Then download
    into Outlook. Then move to appropriate folder you set up in Outlook.

    Old Gringo, Aug 29, 2006
  8. Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Wrote The Following:
    > wrote:
    >>> Folders can not be moved, only content. Move the content back to the
    >>> inbox and retrieve them with outlook. Set up your folders in advance
    >>> to place them in after retrieval.
    >>>

    >> That makes sense. However, when I start outlook and want to do an
    >> Import I don't get the option of importing from Yahoo. I get a few
    >> other options to import from but none that I can use for Yahoo. What
    >> am I missing here?

    > OK...I got it to work. However, the only problem is that Yahoo doesn't
    > keep the messages after they've been downloaded. Thanks for the help.

    Your email client can be set to leave messages on the server.

    Old Gringo, Aug 29, 2006
  9. Guest

    > Set an account in Outlook to retrieve email from Yahoo. Move email
    > in folders at Yahoo to the inbox, mark them as unread. Then download
    > into Outlook. Then move to appropriate folder you set up in Outlook.

    Another worthy response. Thanks again.
    , Aug 29, 2006
  10. Old Gringo Guest

    Without Any Hesitation, Wrote The Following:
    >> Set an account in Outlook to retrieve email from Yahoo. Move email
    >> in folders at Yahoo to the inbox, mark them as unread. Then download
    >> into Outlook. Then move to appropriate folder you set up in Outlook.
    >>

    > Another worthy response. Thanks again.

    You are more than welcome good luck

    Old Gringo, Aug 29, 2006