Importing TB back to OE

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by azscrewdriver, Dec 10, 2004.

  1. Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

    azscrewdriver, Dec 10, 2004

  2. azscrewdriver

    heim Guest

    heim, Dec 10, 2004

  3. yes but I later deleted them. I had a backup 2 months old. So I have to
    either get all the emails from Tbird or only the last 2 months. Either way
    there are 2 weeks of messages in Tbird I didnt have in OE.

    azscrewdriver, Dec 10, 2004
  4. azscrewdriver

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:17:36 -0600, in message
    <41ba030b$>, azscrewdriver wrote:

    > Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

    Generally speaking, apps are more likely to provide the ability to
    _import_ from equivalent apps made by other software manufacturers,
    and are less likely to provide _export_. (It's called reducing the
    entry costs, not reducing the exit costs).

    Ask Microsoft why MS-OE doesn't provide an import from Thunderbird
    (or generally from Unix mbox file format).

    Or ask in an OE newsgroup.

    And on another line, I wonder whether "The Bat" users get annoyed when
    people use TB for Thunderbird and not "The Bat".

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph

    somewhere else." -- Sam Walton

    Ralph Fox, Dec 11, 2004
  5. that helped
    thanks

    "Ralph Fox" <-echo.invalid> wrote in
    message news:...

    azscrewdriver, Dec 11, 2004
  6. azscrewdriver

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 20:19:58 -0600, in message
    <41ba57f7$>, azscrewdriver wrote:

    > that helped

    Really?

    It was intended as an observation on the modus operandi of the software business.

    Ralph Fox, Dec 11, 2004
  7. Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 14:17:36 -0600, in message
    > <41ba030b$>, azscrewdriver wrote:
    >

    >>Is there anyway to import TB emails back to OE?

    > Generally speaking, apps are more likely to provide the ability to
    > _import_ from equivalent apps made by other software manufacturers,
    > and are less likely to provide _export_. (It's called reducing the
    > entry costs, not reducing the exit costs).
    >
    > Ask Microsoft why MS-OE doesn't provide an import from Thunderbird
    > (or generally from Unix mbox file format).
    >
    > Or ask in an OE newsgroup.
    >

    > And on another line, I wonder whether "The Bat" users get annoyed when
    > people use TB for Thunderbird and not "The Bat".

    If this were a "The Bat" support group, I bet they woulr. Since we are
    in alt.fan.mozilla, we are probably understood.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 11, 2004
  8. I was being sarcastic because I didn't know what you were trying to convey,
    sorry

    azscrewdriver, Dec 11, 2004
  9. As it turns out it wasn't that hard.

    First as suggested install Netscape 4.7, then find where Tbird stores the
    all the mail files and copy them to the directory that Netscape stores the
    mail files.
    Open Netscape mail and (IMPORTANT) click on each mail file to read it in.
    Close Netscape.
    Then go to OE and import the files from Netscape.

    azscrewdriver, Dec 11, 2004
  10. azscrewdriver

    Splibbilla Guest

    Ralph Fox <-echo.invalid> in

    > And on another line, I wonder whether "The Bat" users get annoyed when
    > people use TB for Thunderbird and not "The Bat".

    i read recently of HUGE HUGE HUGE trademark infringment lawsuit being filed by jointly by a HUGE HUGE HUGE consortium
    of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (syn Tubercle bacillus)
    ;-)

    --
    WinMe, Moz 1.7.3, all profiles GoogleBar, IEView, ,,, and??? some bugmenot.jar, sage.jar,
    usually java off, js on. trying out PrefBar v. 2.3.1, build date 20041003

    Splibbilla, Dec 13, 2004