importing settings from Outlook express after reinstall

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mike Easter, May 9, 2006.

  1. Mike Easter

    Mike Easter Guest

    D.L. Man wrote:

    > Outlook express seems to
    > be the hardest to fix. I have all my old information and settings
    > along with addresses and rules still on the computer but I don't know
    > how use them again. Can you help?

    Tom Koch's site. Use his section on files and settings to learn where
    everything is

    http://www.insideoe.com/files/index.htm This section is aimed at users
    who wish to understand more about how OE stores information on the
    computer. It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with this
    section before following the backup procedures described in Backup &
    Restore.

    then use his backuprestore section

    http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm here are three basic
    approaches to backing up your Outlook Express files and settings.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, May 9, 2006

  2. Mike Easter

    D.L. Man Guest

    I recently transferred all my information from one HDD to another when one
    drive went bad and I didn't copy over some system files and win2k wouldn't
    start after that. I had to reinstall windows hoping that it would replace
    all the startup files. It didn't and now I have to reinstall all my settings
    and software. Outlook express seems to be the hardest to fix. I have all my
    old information and settings along with addresses and rules still on the
    computer but I don't know how use them again. Can you help?

    Thanks.

    D.L. Man, May 9, 2006