    I find the folders in my old machine for outlook express? I can copy
    them to a cd but then how do I get them into the new machine? I'd like
    to keep my inbox and sent folders.
    George, Jun 2, 2007

  2. George

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    news:GVi8i.14277$...
    >I use outlook express and have a different machine. How can I copy the
    > folders from my old machine and import them into the new one? Where can
    > I find the folders in my old machine for outlook express? I can copy
    > them to a cd but then how do I get them into the new machine? I'd like
    > to keep my inbox and sent folders.

    What version of Windows? The folder store is in different places in
    different versions.

    Of course, you could look that up in OE for yourself (in Vista's Windows
    Mail, click tools, options, maintenance, store folder - OE will be the same
    or very similar).

    Copy the files in your store folder to your other computer. Do NOT try to
    import them from a CD - if you burn to a CD, copy them off the CD to the
    other computer in some place like My Documents.

    On the new computer, in OE click File, Import, Messages, and follow the
    import prompts.
    WhzzKdd, Jun 2, 2007

  3. George

    Emrys Davies Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message
    > I use outlook express and have a different machine. How can I copy

    the
    > folders from my old machine and import them into the new one? Where

    can
    > I find the folders in my old machine for outlook express? I can copy
    > them to a cd but then how do I get them into the new machine? I'd

    like
    > to keep my inbox and sent folders.

    I have done quite a lot of research on this subject and I am able to
    backup and Restore my .dbx files and folders, which is what you are
    referring to, successfully. It is a fairly lengthy subject because of
    the nature of the files, but I will gladly help you providing that you
    have not been successful already. Incidentally, will your new machine
    have Outlook Express installed?

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.
    Emrys Davies, Jun 2, 2007