Importing from WinMail

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Bob, May 18, 2008.

  1. Bob

    Bob Guest

    Does anyone know how to import the address book from Win Mail into
    > Thunderbird email client. It allows for Outlook Express but no mention
    > of Win Mail in the import window. Maybe its not possible!
    > Any advice would be gratefully received.

    Bob
    Bob, May 18, 2008

  2. Bob wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to import the address book from Win Mail into
    >> Thunderbird email client. It allows for Outlook Express but no mention
    >> of Win Mail in the import window. Maybe its not possible!
    >> Any advice would be gratefully received.

    > Bob

    I saw your posting on vistax64.com, and I'm going to do what
    they did to you. Go ask in the official Thunderbird
    newsgroup. They can help you better there than here. Its
    mozilla.support.thunderbird on the news.mozilla.org server.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, May 19, 2008

  3. Bob

    Rom Guest

    On Sun, 18 May 2008 14:33:05 +0100, Bob wrote:

    > Does anyone know how to import the address book from Win Mail into
    > Thunderbird email client. It allows for Outlook Express but no mention
    > of Win Mail in the import window. Maybe its not possible!
    > Any advice would be gratefully received.

    How to export contacts from Windows Mail (choose csv) in Vista:
    <http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/65fbffa9-0ba5-45d8-a60f-ded4e86f01de1033.mspx#EME>

    How to import the above csv file into Thunderbird:
    <http://www.ucalgary.ca/it/help/articles/email/clients/tbird/impexp#import>

    Further info:
    <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Import_address_list_from_text_file>

    --
    Rom
    Rom, May 19, 2008
  4. Ralph Fox wrote:
    > On Sun, 18 May 2008 14:33:05 +0100, in message <neWXj.91363$2>,
    > Bob wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone know how to import the address book from Win Mail into
    >> Thunderbird email client. It allows for Outlook Express but no mention
    >> of Win Mail in the import window.

    > Test what happens when you select OE. Does it import from Windows Mail?

    from my understanding of it, winmail is vistas version of
    OE, but is completely different than OE, thus TB and SM
    don't have it in their imports.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm
    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, May 19, 2008