  1. I recovered "Favorites" directory from a clobbered Win2K installation.
    How can I import them to my Bookmarks under Mozilla? Outlook is not
    installed on this machine.

    William W. Plummer, Dec 11, 2004

  2. William W. Plummer

    Trond Ruud Guest

    In news message:g2Fud.484005$wV.404410@attbi_s54,
    William W. Plummer <> wrote this:
    > I recovered "Favorites" directory from a clobbered Win2K installation.
    > How can I import them to my Bookmarks under Mozilla? Outlook is not
    > installed on this machine.

    don't know about Mozilla, but in Firefox it's FILE->Import...
    --
    Trond Ruud
    "Wagner's music is better than it sounds." - Mark Twain (1835-1910)

    Trond Ruud, Dec 12, 2004

  3. Trond Ruud wrote:
    > In news message:g2Fud.484005$wV.404410@attbi_s54,
    > William W. Plummer <> wrote this:
    >
    >>I recovered "Favorites" directory from a clobbered Win2K installation.
    >> How can I import them to my Bookmarks under Mozilla? Outlook is not
    >>installed on this machine.

    > don't know about Mozilla, but in Firefox it's FILE->Import...

    In Mozilla I tried: Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks>Tools>Import but this
    will not accept a directory full of Internet Explorer bookmarks.
    Trying an individual .htm (bookmark) file causes Mozilla to gripe about
    the format.

    So, I'm still looking for a solution.

    William W. Plummer, Dec 12, 2004
  4. William W. Plummer

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    On 12/12/2004 1:50 PM William W. Plummer wrote:
    > Trond Ruud wrote:
    >
    >> In news message:g2Fud.484005$wV.404410@attbi_s54,
    >> William W. Plummer <> wrote this:
    >>
    >>> I recovered "Favorites" directory from a clobbered Win2K installation.
    >>> How can I import them to my Bookmarks under Mozilla? Outlook is not
    >>> installed on this machine.

    >> don't know about Mozilla, but in Firefox it's FILE->Import...

    > In Mozilla I tried: Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks>Tools>Import but this
    > will not accept a directory full of Internet Explorer bookmarks. Trying
    > an individual .htm (bookmark) file causes Mozilla to gripe about the
    > format.
    >
    > So, I'm still looking for a solution.

    I've never had a problem importing IE favorites to Mozilla/Firefox
    bookmarks. You should be able to use File >> Import/Export >> Export
    Favorites and then import the saved file with Mozilla/Firefox. But if
    you are having trouble with a bad format, then maybe Bookmark Converter
    will help you: http://www.magnusbrading.com/bmc/
    --
    Brian

    Email Info -
    http://68.1.17.8/p0nykiller/email.htm

    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 12, 2004
  5. :: BRIAN :: wrote:
    > On 12/12/2004 1:50 PM William W. Plummer wrote:
    >
    >> Trond Ruud wrote:

    >>> don't know about Mozilla, but in Firefox it's FILE->Import...

    >> In Mozilla I tried: Bookmarks>Manage Bookmarks>Tools>Import but this
    >> will not accept a directory full of Internet Explorer bookmarks.
    >> Trying an individual .htm (bookmark) file causes Mozilla to gripe
    >> about the format.
    >>
    >> So, I'm still looking for a solution.

    > I've never had a problem importing IE favorites to Mozilla/Firefox
    > bookmarks. You should be able to use File >> Import/Export >> Export
    > Favorites and then import the saved file with Mozilla/Firefox. But if
    > you are having trouble with a bad format, then maybe Bookmark Converter
    > will help you: http://www.magnusbrading.com/bmc/

    YES! The Bookmark Converter is exceedingly cool. I was able to convert
    my rescued Favorites to a bookmark file. Now, how do I merge two
    bookmark files? The comments warn against editing the file. It looks
    straightforward but ....

    William W. Plummer, Dec 13, 2004