importing contacts from messenger to oex6?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by gardenlen, Feb 11, 2007.

  1. gardenlen

    gardenlen Guest

    is there anyway that i can import the addresse i have in my contacts
    in msn messenger into oex6?

    i tried using the import addresses function but i can't find which
    folder/file in msn messnger that i need to get the addresses from.

    tia

    With peace and brightest of blessings,

    len

    --
    "Be Content With What You Have And
    A World That You May Not Understand."

    http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

    gardenlen, Feb 11, 2007

  2. gardenlen

    Gel Guest

    Don't use Messenger myself, but if OE's import messages wizard can't
    find when you search for why not save your "address" file in an Excel
    file, in "CSV" format;
    then try process again.
    Does it find that?

    it's on the drop down optionOn Feb 11, 6:46 pm, gardenlen

    Gel, Feb 12, 2007

  3. gardenlen

    gardenlen Guest

    g'day gel,

    i don't ahve excel at all.

    yes when i used the import address mode i thought it would list where
    i wanted to get the data from then find that folder, but it doesn't do
    that so i ahve no idea where msn messenger stores that data file.

    ta

    snipped

    gardenlen, Feb 12, 2007
  4. gardenlen

    Gel Guest

    This says it does it automatically:
    http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,4155-2408651,00.html

    http://www.macnn.com/articles/07/02/01/messenger.nolimits/

    Gel, Feb 13, 2007
  5. gardenlen

    gardenlen Guest

    g'day gel,

    yeh that's what i thought but not in this instance it hasn't/doesn't
    maybe because oex is not my default reader??

    i have the links saved and will give the a good peruse later see if
    there is any help for me?

    snipped

    gardenlen, Feb 13, 2007