    My Firefox 1.0 on Win95 crashes when I try to import a bookmarks file (or
    any other kind of file). Anyone know of a way to manually import bookmark
    links (e.g. by editing a text file)?
    Richard, Dec 13, 2004

  2. Richard

    Moz Champion Guest

    Richard wrote:

    > My Firefox 1.0 on Win95 crashes when I try to import a bookmarks file (or
    > any other kind of file). Anyone know of a way to manually import bookmark
    > links (e.g. by editing a text file)?

    take the file, rename it to bookmarks.html and drop it into your profile
    folder. (this will overwrite the existing bookmarks tho)

    create a seperate bookmarks file in FF
    add one bookmark to it
    Look in the profile folder to see the exact name of this file, it will
    end with .html (bookmarks.html is the default or main one of course)
    Now, take the other bookmarks file, rename it to match the new bookmarks
    file in your profile and drop it in.
    Your new bookmarks file (which only had the one entry) is now your
    imported bookmarks file

    --
    Mozilla Champion
    UFAQ - http://www.UFAQ.org