IMPORTANT: READ Before WU SP1 (KB937287)

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by David F, Feb 21, 2008.

  1. David F

    David F Guest

    David F, Feb 21, 2008

  2. David F

    patricko Guest

    patricko, Feb 21, 2008

  3. David F

    Patrick Guest

    Ok repair finally took me back to last good boot so all ok now

    NOW WTF MS :)

    any how how do I turn off auto updates hehehehe so this don't happen again

    man I was sweating there

    Patrick, Feb 21, 2008
  4. David F

    Patrick Guest

    here is what update history told me lol

    BETA lol I don't want Beta :)

    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 for x64-based Systems (KB936330)

    Installation date: ‎2/‎21/‎2008 4:38 AM

    Installation status: Failed

    Error details: Code 800F0816

    Update type: Important

    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) Beta is an update to Windows Vista that
    addresses key feedback from our customers. Windows Vista SP1 Beta addresses
    specific reliability and performance issues, supports new types of hardware
    and adds support for several emerging standards. After you install this
    item, you may have to restart your computer.

    More information:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/bb738089

    Help and Support:
    http://support.microsoft.com

    Patrick, Feb 21, 2008
  5. Personally, I keep AU on - but I am very cautious since it would love to
    update my trusted IE6 behind my back, so I tick the autoinstall feature off
    and carefully watch anything it has downloaded before installing!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 21, 2008
  6. Yes, my preferred setting is download everything, install only what I tell
    you to install.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 21, 2008
  7. thetruthhurts @homail.com, Feb 22, 2008
  8. David F

    Frank Guest

    thetruthhurts @homail.com wrote:

    > On Wed, 20 Feb 2008 21:33:38 -0500, "David F"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/w...-windows-vista-sp1-prerequisite-kb937287.aspx
    >>
    >>We've heard a few reports about problems customers may be experiencing as a
    >>result of KB937287, the servicing stack update for Vista SP1.

    > I guess M$ doesn't test fixes either.

    Hey as*hole...what's wrong...isn't your handle 'thetruthhurts' not
    working for you so you feel the need to seal someone elses?
    Loser!
    Frank
    Frank, Feb 22, 2008