Important Announcement: New Certification Discussion forums available now, newsgroups closing June 1

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Erwin Chan, May 27, 2010.

  1. Erwin Chan

    Erwin Chan Guest

    Greetings, MCPs

    Please read this important announcement-we don't want to lose your voice in
    our community discussions!

    On June 1, 2010, this newsgroup will close, as we move our
    certification-related discussions to a new home:
    http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/forums/f/default.aspx.

    (for the reasons why, see this article--
    http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/default.mspx -- but
    recognize that these specific certification-related newsgroups are not
    moving to the Microsoft.com forums referenced in the article)

    "Born to Learn" is our official learning-related team blog and community
    site, and we think you'll find that B2L offers several advantages over
    newsgroups:

    .. Permanent retention of posts and articles
    .. Ability to rate useful posts
    .. E-mail notification on a thread-by-thread basis
    .. User profiles and avatars

    For those of you who enjoy the off-line access afforded by NNTP newsreaders,
    you can subscribe to our RSS feed to read the forums off-line. (You won't be
    able to post while off-line, though-we acknowledge that limitation.)

    One big change to be aware of: you'll need to log in using your Windows Live
    ID in order to post in the forums-we hope that goes a long way to reducing
    spam and keeping the signal-to-noise ratio favorable.

    Our new forums are available today, so come over and join the discussions!
    Erwin Chan, May 27, 2010