Import

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Paul, Sep 3, 2003.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    What seems to be a missing component in Mozilla is the ability to import
    from existing Mozilla mail folders.

    After having a drive cable fail on me last weekend, I've gone through
    the process of recovery (from the media and backup) and a complete OS &
    app re-install.

    For the business e-mail I use Outlook 2002, all I need do is import the
    old .pst files and I'm back in business. Similarly, I can perform the
    task in Outlook Express too (I use it for user support). Nowhere though
    can I find a way to import from an earlier install of Mozilla, from
    Eudora, Netscape 4.x etc, but not Mozilla or Netscape 6.*/7.*.

    Any help would be great, as Mozilla is my preferred, personal browser
    and mail client.

    Cheers,

    Paul

    Please reply to the group only.

    Paul, Sep 3, 2003

  2. Paul

    Paul Furman Guest

    Create the folders with matching names inside mozilla then shut down mozilla
    and copy the files over in explorer.

    I think this can be done with the root account but I'm not sure, I just
    finished going through each manually. Subfolders will be copied. Don't
    bother copying the .msf files.

    Look for these folders:
    C:\Documents and Settings\your-windows-login-name\Application
    Data\Mozilla\Profiles\your-profile-name

    Paul Furman, Oct 2, 2003