    how can I import Opera-Bookmarks into Mozilla 1.6?

    Regards

    Herbert
    Herbert A. Eberth, Apr 23, 2004

  2. Herbert A. Eberth

    .BRIAN. Guest

    .BRIAN., Apr 23, 2004

  3. ..BRIAN. writes:

    > On 4/23/2004 5:15 AM Herbert A. Eberth wrote:
    >
    >> how can I import Opera-Bookmarks into Mozilla 1.6?

    > AFAIK, Opera doesn't offer an export method that is readable by Mozilla,
    > or IE. Try using a utility called BookmarkPriest:
    >
    > http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csab3666/

    The open-source app called "BookmarkBridge" might also be useful:

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/bookmarkbridge/

    --
    Good judgment comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgment.
    Caffeine Junkie, Apr 23, 2004
  4. Caffeine Junkie wrote:
    > .BRIAN. writes:
    >
    >> On 4/23/2004 5:15 AM Herbert A. Eberth wrote:
    >>
    >>> how can I import Opera-Bookmarks into Mozilla 1.6?

    >> AFAIK, Opera doesn't offer an export method that is readable by
    >> Mozilla, or IE. Try using a utility called BookmarkPriest:
    >>
    >> http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csab3666/

    > The open-source app called "BookmarkBridge" might also be useful:
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/bookmarkbridge/

    It can be done by exporting the bookmarks from Opera as an html file.
    The file then needs to edited in a text editor, removing the one meta
    tag that's in there, and removing any references to subfolders, though
    leaving the bookmarks themselves. The result is that the enormous voume
    of default Opera bookmarks, (unless of course you've culled them
    yourself alreay in Opera) get dumped into bookmarks.html as separate
    entries, not organized into folders, you would have to reoganize them in
    Bookmarks Manager.

    I would very much suggest trying one of the third party aps recommended
    by Brian and Caff. It sure can't work any worse!

    Lee
    --
    Leonidas Jones, Mozilla Champion
    Learn about the Champs! http://mozillachampions.mozdev.org
    Leonidas Jones, Apr 23, 2004
  5. Herbert A. Eberth

    Lin Guest

    Can I ask if anyone has successfully managed to transfer Opera
    bookmarks to Firefox using either Bookmark Priest or Bridge? I've
    tried them both and am having no luck at all getting them to transfer.
    If anyone has managed to do it, is there any chance if posting an
    idiot's guide to getting it to work?
    I've been using Opera for years but am very impressed with Firefox
    and would like to use it more - and I probably will, it's just a pain
    having to manually set all my bookmarks again.
    Many thanks
    Lin

    --
    GOOD AS GOLD by Joseph Heller
    The problem with writing one of the Great novels of the 20th or any other
    Lin, Apr 25, 2004
  6. Herbert A. Eberth

    .BRIAN. Guest

    On 4/25/2004 8:07 AM Lin wrote:

    > Can I ask if anyone has successfully managed to transfer Opera
    > bookmarks to Firefox using either Bookmark Priest or Bridge? I've
    > tried them both and am having no luck at all getting them to
    > transfer. If anyone has managed to do it, is there any chance if
    > posting an idiot's guide to getting it to work? I've been using Opera
    > for years but am very impressed with Firefox and would like to use it
    > more - and I probably will, it's just a pain having to manually set
    > all my bookmarks again. Many thanks Lin

    Sorry, but I've never used it. Always been a Netscape/Mozilla fan :)

    > -- GOOD AS GOLD by Joseph Heller The problem with writing one of the
    > Great novels of the 20th or any other century is that everything else
    > you write will always be considered inferior. Good As Gold is,
    > admittedly, not as good a novel as Catch-22, but then very few novels
    > are. It is, however, just as laugh-out-loud funny, and lampoons the
    > workings of politicans just as successfully as Catch-22 does the
    > military.

    On a side note, could you modify your signature line? Many
    email/newsreaders recognized a signature when it begins with a "-- "
    (dash dash space). Your signature begins with "--" (dash dash), and so
    it's not recognized.

    --
    Brian

    Email Info -