    I checked the menus and the only imports are for other types of Email
    client.

    Thanks for any Help!!

    David Ellis, Aug 17, 2007

  2. David Ellis wrote:
    > I moved my info from one PC to another. Unfortunately, I copied the
    > wrong set of Thunderbird files and now am missing five days of email. Is
    > there a way to import Thunderbird files into Thunderbird after it is
    > open and has the folder setup?
    >
    > I checked the menus and the only imports are for other types of Email
    > client.
    >
    > Thanks for any Help!!

    when you copy the files from one profile to another, you
    must do so with the program closed, otherwise the messages
    won't show up. Also, don't copy the *.msf files.

    or Reply to Author. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Aug 17, 2007

  3. David Ellis

    Tony Raven Guest

    David Ellis wrote:
    > I moved my info from one PC to another. Unfortunately, I copied the
    > wrong set of Thunderbird files and now am missing five days of email. Is
    > there a way to import Thunderbird files into Thunderbird after it is
    > open and has the folder setup?
    >
    > I checked the menus and the only imports are for other types of Email
    > client.
    >
    > Thanks for any Help!!

    If you left five days of messages behind just copy the old file over to
    a new folder. Set up a new folder, say InboxOld, and then copy the old
    Inbox file over renamed to replace InboxOld. Then open TB, copy the
    missing emails out of InboxOld to Inbox. Then delete the InboxOld
    folder (and remove it from your profile).

    BTDTGTTS

    Tony

    Tony Raven, Aug 17, 2007