    -Where can I find and download required jet connect(mdac) for x64 mssql?
    Thanks
    Tarvirdi

    Tarvirdi, Nov 8, 2008

  2. Tarvirdi wrote:

    >Dear friends,
    >I have a table in an access file and want to import it to a MsSql database.
    >I have SQL2005 64bit version.
    >to do import, I tried to create a LinkedServer to access file but failed
    >because have not jetConnect. As I knew I should install MDAC. I tried to
    >find MDAC for x64 installation, but failed
    >-Is there any other way to import data from access table to MSSQL?
    >-Where can I find and download required jet connect(mdac) for x64 mssql?

    There is no 64-bit Jet driver.

    You have to use ADO.Net from within the CLR to import from Access (and no,
    I don't know any more than that).

    Or use Access to export to SQL (there is a 32-bit SQL Server ODBC driver
    that Access can use on x64 - you need to use the SYSWOW64\ODBCAd32.exe to
    configure 32-bit ODBC drivers).

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------

    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Nov 8, 2008

  3. Tarvirdi

    Doug Forster Guest

    Hi Tarviridi,

    I'm having no difficulty doing this directly. Make a database. Right click
    database. Tasks/Import data and select Access as the data source when the
    wizard starts.

    Cheers
    Doug Forster

    PS You would be better asking questions like this in a SqlServer NG e.g.
    microsoft.public.sqlserver.setup

    Doug Forster, Nov 10, 2008