    active link goes down the passive link will take over.
    PLEASE HELP

    , Mar 7, 2007

  2. Guest

    On Mar 7, 12:03 pm, wrote:
    > Is there any way i can configure redundancy on 2 FE interfaces,
    > meaning i have to internet links terminating to a 2800, i want one
    > interface to be active and the other one to be passive, incase the
    > active link goes down the passive link will take over.
    > PLEASE HELP

    I believe there are multiple ways to do this.

    You can set up a static route on your 2800 and the internet router to
    default all traffic to fe0/0 and a higher cost floating static route
    to send all traffic to fe0/1. (Or if you are using a routing protocol
    then you only need to make sure that the routes to the other interface
    are of higher cost)

    Or load-balance - You can either use eigrp between your 2800 and your
    internet router and do load balancing across both (so even if one goes
    down the other will still be operational and you'll have 2x100mbps).
    Another way is to just use cisco express forwarding on both interfaces
    and the router will load balance across both.

    , Mar 8, 2007