Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=, Jun 16, 2006.

  1. I need information on how to implement a primary dhcp server and a
    secondary dhcp server. I also nee information on how to implement a primary
    and a secondary dns server.
    =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=, Jun 16, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    Briscobar Guest

    doughboy31 <> rambled:

    > I need information on how to implement a primary dhcp server and
    > a secondary dhcp server. I also nee information on how to implement a
    > primary and a secondary dns server.

    What you want to do is set up one DHCP server. Then, set up another one.

    Repeat this process for DNS.

    --
    KB

    MCNGP #26
    Cyrnfr ivfvg jjj.zpatc.pbz
    Briscobar, Jun 16, 2006

  3. It is true as KB said but you have to use the 80/20 rule for the scope. Use
    80% of the IP range for the first DHCP server and 20% for the second one.
    Make sure you have excluded the associated IP address range on each DHCP
    server.
    Another method you can use is to deploy DHCP clustering which inturn can
    serve as load balancing also. However, be aware of some application that is
    not cluster aware. Good luck

    Frank Nguyen
    MCP, MCSE

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgTmd1eWVu?=, Jun 16, 2006
  4. About the DNS servers, you can do the same for clustering, or deploy one DNS
    server for each subnet and then create zones on each DNS server which will
    allow them to update each other.

    Frank Nguyen
    MCP, MCSE

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgTmd1eWVu?=, Jun 16, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "Frank Nguyen" <Frank > wrote in message

    > Frank Nguyen
    > MCP, MCSE

    You're an MCSE -AND- an MCP?!

    Wow... That MCP must have been hard to get!

    I think you have to take ALL of Microsoft's exams to get that MCP title.

    MSCE is so easy compared to that.
    Frisbee®, Jun 16, 2006
  6. MSCE ???? Actually MCP is the easiest one because it is the first step to
    obtain a Microsoft certification. MCSE is much much harder since you have to
    pass total 7 exams and have to have a broader knowdlege about network and
    security design.

    Frank Nguyen

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgTmd1eWVu?=, Jun 16, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    kpg Guest

    As Frank Nguyen once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Actually MCP is the easiest one because it is
    > the first step to obtain a Microsoft certification. MCSE is much much
    > harder since you have to pass total 7 exams and have to have a broader
    > knowdlege about network and security design.

    Say it ain't so.
    kpg, Jun 16, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    MitchS Guest

    "Briscobar" <> wrote in message
    > doughboy31 <> rambled:
    >>
    >> I need information on how to implement a primary dhcp server and
    >> a secondary dhcp server. I also nee information on how to implement a
    >> primary and a secondary dns server.

    > What you want to do is set up one DHCP server. Then, set up another one.
    >
    > Repeat this process for DNS.

    I tried what you said and now have 4 DHCP servers and no DNS servers. WHY
    CAN'T YOU HELP ME?

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MitchS, Jun 16, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    MitchS Guest

    "Frank Nguyen" <> wrote in message
    > MSCE ???? Actually MCP is the easiest one because it is the first step to
    > obtain a Microsoft certification. MCSE is much much harder since you have
    > pass total 7 exams and have to have a broader knowdlege about network and
    > security design.
    >
    > Frank Nguyen
    >
    > "Frisbee®" wrote:
    >
    >> "Frank Nguyen" <Frank > wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Frank Nguyen
    >> > MCP, MCSE

    >> You're an MCSE -AND- an MCP?!
    >>
    >> Wow... That MCP must have been hard to get!
    >>
    >> I think you have to take ALL of Microsoft's exams to get that MCP title.
    >>
    >> MSCE is so easy compared to that.

    Someone call maintenance! We need a new sarcasm meter installed pronto.

    --
    Mitch "yer such a Jameshole" S.
    MitchS, Jun 16, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    Frisbee® Guest

    "kpg" <> wrote in message
    > As Frank Nguyen once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse
    >
    >> Actually MCP is the easiest one because it is
    >> the first step to obtain a Microsoft certification. MCSE is much much
    >> harder since you have to pass total 7 exams and have to have a broader
    >> knowdlege about network and security design.

    > Say it ain't so.

    Well, that certainly explains why he lists them both!

    Just don't tell the people in HR that the MCP is the easiest. Shhhh.
    Frisbee®, Jun 16, 2006
  11. It seems to me :)

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgTmd1eWVu?=, Jun 16, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    kuky Guest

    kuky, Jun 16, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    JaR Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgTmd1eWVu?= <>
    wrote in news::

    > MSCE ???? Actually MCP is the easiest one because it is the first
    > step to obtain a Microsoft certification. MCSE is much much harder
    > since you have to pass total 7 exams and have to have a broader
    > knowdlege about network and security design.

    Tell us more, Mr. Obvious.

    --
    JaR
    MCNGP #22
    JaR, Jun 16, 2006
  14. Well....Just want to tell you guys the truth based on what I had gone through
    to get the certification. It takes a lots of hard works and hands on to
    achive what I have today and I am proudly to show it off. For those who we
    call "MCP or MCSE on paper" because they have cheated their ways out to be
    certified, shame on them.

    Frank Nguyen

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgTmd1eWVu?=, Jun 16, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    JaR Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsgTmd1eWVu?= <>
    wrote in news::

    > For those who we
    > call "MCP or MCSE on paper" because they have cheated their ways out
    > to be certified, shame on them.

    Yes.

    Erm, the reason you are taking a mild ribbing here, is that you posted "MCP
    & MCSE" in your sig.

    That's rather redundant, don't you see? An MCSE means, by default, that you
    have attained MCP status.

    At least seven times, in fact.

    JaR, Jun 16, 2006
  16. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    kpg Guest

    As Frank Nguyen once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > Well....Just want to tell you guys the truth based on
    > what I had gone through to get the certification. It takes a lots of
    > hard works and hands on to achive what I have today and I am proudly
    > to show it off. For those who we call "MCP or MCSE on paper" because
    > they have cheated their ways out to be certified, shame on them.
    >
    > Frank Nguyen

    You da man, Frank.
    kpg, Jun 16, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    kpg Guest

    As JaR once said in microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse

    > At least seven times, in fact.

    I remember this dicsussion from a few weeks ago.

    Wow, history does reppeat itself!
    kpg, Jun 16, 2006
  18. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    JaR Guest

    kpg <> wrote in news:Xns97E4A604BCB9Cipostthereforeiam@127.0.0.1:

    >> At least seven times, in fact.

    > I remember this dicsussion from a few weeks ago.
    >
    > Wow, history does reppeat itself!

    It's like deja vu all over again!

    ~$.01 to Y.B.

    JaR, Jun 16, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?ZG91Z2hib3kzMQ==?=

    Guest Guest

    "JaR" <> wrote in message

    > ~$.01 to Y.B.

    What? I tell ya...a nickel ain't worth a dime anymore.
    Guest, Jun 17, 2006
  20. Frank, their pullin your chain! (ack)
    hamster

    =?Utf-8?B?aGFtc3Rlcg==?=, Jun 23, 2006